Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I fitted progressive front fork springs (Hagon) when I changed the fork oil on my 12000 mile service. (with money saved by doing the service myself!)
I am glad I did this as with the new springs fitted and the rear adjuster firmed up a few clicks the bike handles (IMHO) better and gives me more confidence to corner faster.
I feel that when the front was soft it smothed out the road vibration and bumps but when cornering the bike was not very sure where it was going.
I have now covered a few hundred miles with the new springs and have found the result very satisfactory.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Something I have thought about doing. Have done the same on my other Triumphs. Made a big difference in particular on the Bonneville.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I bought a set form Progressive and the kit comes with two short springs about 1 1/2" long. I think this is part of the damper. Looks like a difficult dis-assembly. Can I just get away with changing the progressive springs and spacers. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts