Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

We were looking at some Bonnies tonight at our local dealer and one thing he said kind of surprised me. He said that there are only 300 Bonnies and 600 T100's produced each year.

Really sounds kind of low to me. Even he was talking for the US alone, still kind of low.

Anyone have any links or input to prove/disprove this statement?

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Those numbers sound right (all be it maybe a little low) for the US alone. The numbers of Triumphs period that come to North America is very low.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is very nice to own something unique!! That is what excites me about my Bonnie -- anyone can own a mass produced, found on every street corner, common as can be, ride. I guess it takes people of class to look a little deeper to own something this special.

What I find amazing by the number, is how easy it is to find aftermarket parts. Quality parts at that.... and the information available so that all those mods can happen - amazing!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wow thats interesting 1000 bikes a year and you've got about 300 million people,jeez you guys gotta get with the program !!I read somewhere Triumph were selling around 5000 bikes a year to the U.S. back in the 60s and most were sold in California,mind you BSA owned the company at the time so they probably lumped their bikes in too! But getting back to 2009, I saw a coupla bonnies and an american today,not too unusual for a Sunday ride:)J.B.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The only info I have found on the internet so far says the Triumph sold 7,500 units in 2004. Those numbers have risen since then, for sure. Back in the day, the 60's and 70's, the U.S. was Triumphs biggest market. I suspect that we still are.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bikes sold

Read an article, but can't think where that Triumph sold 37500 bikes world wide in 2007 or 2008.
I'll keep digging and try to find it.:confused:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bike Sales

To follow on from my previous post.

Here are some figures from the internet.

All relate to the U.S.A. market.

Motorcycle Sales
According to the Motorcycle Industry Council, 1.11 million motorcycles were sold in the United States in 2007, down from 1.19 million in 2006.

Motorcycle Market Share
Motorcycles

Harley-Davidson 28%
Honda 25%
Yamaha 17%
Suzuki 13%
Kawasaki 11%
KTM 2%
BMW 1%
Triumph 1%
Ducati 1%

Demographics of a New Bike Rider

21-25 7%
26-30 9%
31-40 22%
41-50 30%
51-60 23%
61-70 7%
71 and older 1% [7]

MOtorcycle Rider
Male 90%
Female 10% Married 65%
Single (never married) 17%
Widowed 2%
Divorced/separated 16%

Triumph sold 3335 in Australia (can't find U.S. figures)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts