Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone can help me with this problem I have, the handbook says that to turn the ignition on, you put the key into the slot and turn it.
There must be a more complicated way than this.
My buddy says that he was told by someone who knew someone who heard that the right way to do it was to hold the key still, lift the bike up to the key, and then turn the bike around, whilst holding the key still.
Being a very stupid person, I wonder if some of you hugely experienced riders could advise?

·
Banned
372 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sometimes I have to push down slightly on the key.

Have you heard of the new Kawaks? They have a captive key that automatically enables or disables the ignition depending on the rider's proximity. The rider carries a transponder in his jacket. Neat stuff.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have similar unit on a VROD. Been good for a couple of years. Gotta keep a good battery in it

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Maybe you should bang your head against the starter until in engages and starts the bike.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
And I quote: "some people are just too stupid to own a motorcycle....", and this:

"If you can't do it, get your carer to help."

I think you need to investigate this link, and the sooner the better:

http://www.bacheloretteparties.com/perdatindoli.html
It was so easy to understand that threesome rather than twosome was trying to prove for himself how daft this lot here as the pile of replies grew larger. But the bait was too obvious ;)

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Right up until it goes bad and leaves you stranded in the middle of "I'll do you cause I'm sick of my cousin" Oklahoma.:D
Most of them have an override feature for that. To start my bike, I beat on the ignition with my chisel. Works every time! :D

The guy down at the pawn shop said they were all like that....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe someone can help me with this problem I have, the handbook says that to turn the ignition on, you put the key into the slot and turn it.
There must be a more complicated way than this.
My buddy says that he was told by someone who knew someone who heard that the right way to do it was to hold the key still, lift the bike up to the key, and then turn the bike around, whilst holding the key still.
Being a very stupid person, I wonder if some of you hugely experienced riders could advise?
Hang on, you got a "Key" with your bike?!?

I've been using ol' faithful since I bought the bike. Works Everytime:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts