Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the key to unlock my ecu. Now I'm having problems loading a tune. Everything seems to check out-I'm having no problems connecting to the ecu and everything seems to be going as the tutorial on the tuneboy web page says it should. Once the tune is loaded I cycle the ignition off and then back on, wait 3-5 seconds and then when I try to start the bike the engine cranks over once and the temperature bars go up to max and then nothing... any help would be appreciated and if I need to be more specific let me know.
thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got the key to unlock my ecu. Now I'm having problems loading a tune. Everything seems to check out-I'm having no problems connecting to the ecu and everything seems to be going as the tutorial on the tuneboy web page says it should. Once the tune is loaded I cycle the ignition off and then back on, wait 3-5 seconds and then when I try to start the bike the engine cranks over once and the temperature bars go up to max and then nothing... any help would be appreciated and if I need to be more specific let me know.
thanks
Hey Buddy, I had the same situation. I gave it a little gas and it started fine but make sure that u let it run at idle for 5 mins for it to adapt to the new tune. Later I turned off and turned on and started with no gas and started as usual.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure I'm following. Mine will not turn over after the initial one crank. Right after that is when the temp gauge goes up to full bars. There is no opportunity to give it gas on startup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Make sure your battery is fully charged, could have been drained when you had the tuneboy hooked up. Also to keep from draining the battery while using tuneboy, pull the headlight fuse. Be sure to put the fuse back in, bike will not start without it.

·
Super Moderator
22,118 Posts
spdtriprdr888 - can you go to your UserCP and update your profile with your bike year/model under 'favourite bike' It's also helpful if you also enter your location.
These things make it obvious from a glance to the info under your avatar to what bike you are referring when asking questions.

It does indeed sound like the battery is dead.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no luck.... I'm getting CommWatch Error=997, not sure what that means. Decosse I have been meaning to do that and will after this mess is straightened out (I'm using a buddies computer and now my bike is stranded at his house until I figure this out). The bike is an 06 with Jardine high mounts. I'm attempting to load tune 20213 just to see how it runs. It had tune 20277 loaded in it prior to this. Battery is fully charged. Thanks for the help and any more that you guys can provide would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I'm attempting to load tune 20213 just to see how it runs. It had tune 20277 loaded in it prior to this.
20213 and 20277 are for different ECU versions. Best doublecheck the VIN of your bike with TuneBoy download page.

20211 is the Arrow 3-1 lowmount tune for same ECU as 20277. I don't see why you would want to run it with dual highmounts though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
my mistake.... 20272 is the one that was already loaded..... Seems that my battery wasn't fully charged and that must have been the problem... I let it sit on the trickle charger for a while and she started right up. I now have tune 20213 loaded and will see how that works out. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts