Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings from columbus. Picked up my 09 red 675 sat, at the same time i was at the dealership; fed x dropped off a bunch of goodies to get me ready for my inagural track days next month. Shoei rf1000 held gloves, apline stars race suit and boots, bully stand and woodcraft sliders. Felt like christmas!!!!!!! I put an un-inspiring 190 miles trying to get it broken in. Problem: when i went to install the sliders, the bolt goes into the engine mount and stops and you see about 3/4 inch of shaft between the puck and the fairing. Is there suppose to be that much slop, or should the puck be snug on the fairing. The directions showed no pics. thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
8,838 Posts
I haven't ever put Woodcraft sliders on a bike, so I don't know for sure what they are supposed to look like. But, have you made sure you put the correct slider on each side of the bike? They are different. If the whole assembly bolts up snug, and the sliders look the same side to side, I guess it's what they are supposed to look like. It sure doesn't sound right, since Woodcraft are engineered by racers who wouldn't want the slider to stick way out and potentially catch, as has been mentioned more than once.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts