Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned old Meriden Twins, and test-drove an 800cc Bonnie a couple summers ago. My questions are these;

1. Has anyone taken a Hinckley motor, and put it into a rigid frame like nearly everyone did the old Meriden motors?

2. What I didn't like about the Hinckley motor was that it felt "too smooth". I didn't feel like I was on a vertical twin. No feeling of accelaration, just smooth, quiet movement. Felt like an inline4. Is there a way to make the Hinckley Triumph "feel" like the old Meriden deal?
:hammer:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
dbc,

I don't know if even the racing guys at Bonneville Performance have tried this. But if you were really serious about turning the clock back that far, you could always strip the motor and pull out the balancer shafts :???:

[ This message was edited by: johnyC on 2006-12-25 18:56 ]

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why not simply buy a Meriden? I've seen quite a few great deals on them, some with very few miles. Myself i prefer the new ones for a number of reasons, but i do love the look of the Meriden engines. I had a '78 tiger back then and it wasn't the most reliable bike, but i know what you mean about that feel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.