Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a variety of reasons I'm looking for a pre-2008 T-100 and I found a new 2007 in the color I want sitting at a dealership in another state. They are asking $7500 plus freight and set-up, and then I'd have the shipping fee on top of that. Is this stupid money for a bike that is two years old and will depreciate like crazy the moment I sign the papers? Anyone have an idea of what dealer cost is on an '07 T-100? I've done some looking for a pristine used bike with low miles but so far have turned up nothing... best to keep looking? Your thoughts are appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Seems a little high to me...I bought a leftover '06 Thruxton from Kissel Motorsports in late January 2007 for $6,799 plus $300 freight and $55 documentation fees. They stored it for free till I could get down there to pick it up in April.

It's probably worthwhile to keep calling around...there's a place in TN that blows out bikes for what must be cost. I was seriously considering a plane ticket down and riding back up, but common sense won out. :)

Jason

·
Registered
413 Posts
In March of this year I picked up A new leftover 2007 T100 for $7400 plus $100 doc fee. $7500 out the door.

Mike

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hmmmm, seems a bit high for a 2 year old bike .I bought my T100 in March 07 and got it for $8500 out the door, taxes and everything. My bikes for sale with $1000 of accessories for $6200

·
Registered
3,753 Posts

I think id try to bump them down some! If you have cash in hand- times are tuff rite now & you might be supprised what they will let it go for! I prefer the older Bonne's as well!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Beat 'em down! It's Christmas season and prices for all goods and services is down as folks are not wanting to spend this year. You are in the drivers seat, my friend!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
I would only worry about depreciation if I was going to sell the bike.

This year I bought a 2 year old T100 with 200 miles on it. It was the exact bike I wanted. I saved a few $$$.

I couldn't care less what it would resell for.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If price isn't a big concern I'd wait and buy a '09 with fuel injection.
This is my opinion so all you carburettor lovers need not reply.
I've ridden 48 years and hate carburettors.
Yes, I know how to re-jet and adjust them, I just don't like to... ;)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Resale

I bought my bonne for keeps! To ride - not sell. I like the earlier ones 03-06. They may actually be collectable some day? Shoulda kept my 65! I still think that $$ talks- especially this time of year! No big ticket items are moving-you might just wind up makin his x-mas merrier?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Seems a fair deal.
I sold my 05 Caspian Blue bonnie 6 weeks ago - it was actually registered in 06 - for £3500.
Dealer put it back on the court for £3895 but was planning to accept £3700.
And it had quite a few after market parts including exhausts, screen, 18th sprocket etc. Plus only 5500 miles.
£3700 equates to around $6000?
I am with Sal - buy what you want, forget about depreciation or the odd $ here or there - that will be immaterial if you get the bike you like - first ride out it will all be forgotten.
Squash the dealer to get a bike that you dont really want - and you will regret it.
It pays to respect the fact a dealer needs to earn a living, as you will need them at some point.
And compared to the price of a car, or indeed other bike brands, the Triumph is a good deal.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I am in TN and would like to get some info on this place if possible.

Thanks
Tried to do a quick search on Cycle Trader but couldn't find any listings that looked familiar. I found them a couple of years ago when I bought mine...pretty sure it was either Tennessee or Kentucky, but also looked at the dealer sites for Triumph dealers and nothing jumped out at me.

Heck, if they weren't making enough margin, maybe they went out of business? :)

*Might* have been Commonwealth Triumph of Kentucky (www.commoto.com) but if it was, they've changed up their website pretty good. I had great luck on my Thruxton at Kissell Motorsports in State College, PA...had to drive about 4 hours each way, but saved about $900 off what my local dealer wanted!

Hope this helps...happy hunting...

Jason

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
For a variety of reasons I'm looking for a pre-2008 T-100 and I found a new 2007 in the color I want sitting at a dealership in another state. They are asking $7500 plus freight and set-up, and then I'd have the shipping fee on top of that. Is this stupid money for a bike that is two years old and will depreciate like crazy the moment I sign the papers? Anyone have an idea of what dealer cost is on an '07 T-100? I've done some looking for a pristine used bike with low miles but so far have turned up nothing... best to keep looking? Your thoughts are appreciated :)
I know you're looking for an '07, but here are a few bikes at Kissell in PA...a 2008 T100 for the same price as that 2007.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2008-TRIUMPH-Bonneville-T-100-94074377

An '08 Bonnie Black for what seems to be a great price...$6,599!

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2008-TRIUMPH-Bonneville-Black-92401187

Another '08 T100, different coachwork...

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2008-TRIUMPH-Bonneville-T-100-94074323

I'm assuming these are all plus freight (mine was $300) and the documentation fee of $55. Not sure how close to PA you are, but if nothing else, maybe use these to drive the cost of that '07 down a bit further.

And if you ARE close to PA, head to Kissell and ask for Robin or Patty...either will take good care of you! :)

(BTW, I have no affiliation with Kissell other than being a satisfied customer.)

Jason

·
Registered
420 Posts
2003-2006 are the best years according to a lot of people. Why not buy a british bike that is actually made in Britain? There are some of those floating around that are PRISTINE, and cheap in comparison to the depreciation you will immediately take on the $7500 07' Thai bike. Also, one pristine 05' in particular, owned by a handsome member of this forum, has about a year factory warranty left. :) There are also extended warranty's available from outside sources... I'm just sayin'..... ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
2003-2006 are the best years according to a lot of people. Why not buy a british bike that is actually made in Britain? There are some of those floating around that are PRISTINE, and cheap in comparison to the depreciation you will immediately take on the $7500 07' Thai bike. Also, one pristine 05' in particular, owned by a handsome member of this forum, has about a year factory warranty left. :) There are also extended warranty's available from outside sources... I'm just sayin'..... ;)

Just a point here. The early 07's were assembled in Hinckley ("J" VIN), have metal badges and metal fenders. I know. I own one which is for sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
07 Bonnie

Charlotte BMW Ducatti has or at least had a 2007 black and white T1000 for $7295. I looked into it but I was not willing to take the hit on the trade in value. Kelly Blue book lists retail at $7150 and trade in of $4800 I think. Been a while since I looked.

Ive decided to wait and see about a new T100 when Triumph offers some good deals on financing. This is a wanna have not gotta have for me.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Bud

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2003 T100 blue/white with 2300 miles I'm thinking of selling if you are near Wausau, Wisconsin. [email protected]:)
Chrome Cam Cover, Chain Guard, Kick Stand, Grab Rail, Headlight Bracket, and Lift Arm Cover. Also a center stand, Dust Cover, Service Manual, Triumph Windshield, and TORs with jet kit. Used ones are hard to find around here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tailspin, that Black/White T-100 in Charlotte is still on their website - maybe a demo, as it has 450 miles on it. That is the color I'm looking for :)

Beyeker, thanks for the heads-up. Right now, I'm looking for a bike with the 865cc motor.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just a point here. The early 07's were assembled in Hinckley ("J" VIN), have metal badges and metal fenders. I know. I own one which is for sale.
Yep, you have one of the very last Brit Bonnies. Some of the early 07' models like yours, manufactured in fall of 06' are Hinckley bikes. When i bought mine last year, there were two 07' Hinckley's in Daytona, but the prices were retarded... I've seen yours on the site. It is a killer bike. Someone will buy it, I'm sure. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts