Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading other posts about people's buying experiences, it seems most dealers aren't quick to negotiated on new bikes.

According to my dealer they have a good relationship with British Customs, so I was thinking that I may as well see if I can get them to do a lot of the mods on the cheap instead of trying to haggle on the price of the bike.

Thought I would go all out, Bub pipes, ARK, 19 tooth sprocket, progressive front springs and 418 HD rear shocks, center stand and replace the Speedmaster handlebar with an America bar. About 1600 dollars worth of mods.

Planned on making an offer of 11k OTD. That leaves about 700 dollars for the work and the 500 dollar 'prep fee' and other fees. I'm hoping that this is where some of the wiggle room can come in. Also plan on using cash/cashier's check.

Is this about right, too high, too low? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Speedmaster

I can't comment on price as you may be in states however I would suggest you look at keeping the drag bars and go for the Revco riser that moves the handle bars back 2". I am fairly sure the cables are too short for the America bars extending would add to the price. I have the foot pads vs. pegs and find it more comfortable on the back. Its a great ride.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Reading other posts about people's buying experiences, it seems most dealers aren't quick to negotiated on new bikes.

According to my dealer they have a good relationship with British Customs, so I was thinking that I may as well see if I can get them to do a lot of the mods on the cheap instead of trying to haggle on the price of the bike.

Thought I would go all out, Bub pipes, ARK, 19 tooth sprocket, progressive front springs and 418 HD rear shocks, center stand and replace the Speedmaster handlebar with an America bar. About 1600 dollars worth of mods.

Planned on making an offer of 11k OTD. That leaves about 700 dollars for the work and the 500 dollar 'prep fee' and other fees. I'm hoping that this is where some of the wiggle room can come in. Also plan on using cash/cashier's check.

Is this about right, too high, too low? Any advice would be appreciated.
I would go with the British Customs Bomber Exhaust over the Bub exhaust. Sounds better, stainless steel, and more power. Also removing the AI along with the air box removal kit. And i agree with replacing the risers to Rivco risers which will give you a more comfortable not stretched out like stock ride while saving you money on the america handlebar. Call Sean at British Customs if you have any questions, he can help you out

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am in the states. Will definately consider the risers instead of replacing the bar.

The reason I chose the bubs is that they seem quieter than the bombers, at least on the videos I have found online. I want to open up the engine a bit, but don't want to be really loud.

As far as AI, I have heard mixed things about AI removal with EFI bikes. Thought I would leave it alone until there was more info on the subject.

·
Registered
71 Posts
AI Removal

I have the last of the carbuerated engines, removed the AI because I don't like the blue pipe look not for power but I agree the new injection system might not function without some expert tweeking. Plus who knows if you ride into California it might send a message to the EPA and Arnold himself comes out and busts you.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
D & D Exhaust

I just bought the D & D Exhaust #434-12M Chrome Dual Megs for my 2005 Speedmaster. I can't believe I've ridden this long with the stock exhaust!!! These pipes rule. The utterly transform this bike. I love them. Perfect tonal quality!!! $540, 100% satisfied. They come with an air induction removal and new pilot jets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2007 Speedmaster

I put the Bubs on mine and I'm happy with them so far. They seem plenty loud, but then again coming from a stock exhaust most anything is. I also did the BC air box removal and AI removal, carb rejetting etc. It's like having a new bike. She really goes now. I've seen and considered the risers but really I've been happy overall with the riding position so far.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I Have the BC Bombers, Excellent engineering, The fitment is perfect. Used no silicon. The band clamp is unseen and the hidden mounting bracket solution is super but, not sure if it will prevent mounting of a center stand. Call or chat them. Stainless steel with mechanical baffle and stainless steel packing.
Not really loud, just great pleasing sound.

·
Registered
379 Posts
the bombers are actually more quiet than the bubs. the bubs to me sound like they are not put together right as with the bombers sound really put together, i think the mechanical baffle they have is to blame for that great sound

1 - 13 of 13 Posts