Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my eye on another model Triumph, and have been wrestling with the tough decision of letting go of my 2001 TBird Sport.

Frankly, I have no freakin' idea on what kind of price I should ask for it.....I plan on putting it into the San Francisco Craigslist, and then on to Ebay, and I would appreciate any ballpark numbers you would suggest.

It's a 2001, white, aftermarket pipes, recent Dynatune at a race shop to make up for the new pipes, and the fact that I took out the airbox and put in a flat K&N filter. Has an amazing sound, the standard "flat-spot" at low rpm is gone, and goes like a mofo.

Thanks for any help.
Cheers.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would check kbb.com and nada.com. I'd also check cycletrader.com or E-bay for other TBS's for sale. I think if you try to sell it for more than $5k, it might take awhile. How many miles?

But the important question is - which model Triumph are you looking at getting to replace the TBS?

[ This message was edited by: Rincewind on 2007-03-09 14:04 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes,
foolish me......12,400 miles.

Reason I asked here is that I've seen prices all over the place in the past, at times insanely optimistic. In a way, it's still too early in the season, so there's not much out there for comparison.

Planning on some very long x-country riding soon, so am looking at the Sprint (the tbird is so ***** comfy, but ...)

[ This message was edited by: vladar on 2007-03-09 15:20 ]

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
from what i saw while shopping for a t-bird this past year , most were in the 5k neighborhood asking price , private sale .

t-birds are kinda a niche market , gotta find someone that knows them and wants it , so might take a bit to get what it's worth .

i bought my 2000 adventurer from a dealer for $5k , 20k miles , immaculate cosmetically , new tires ,chain and sprockets and factory hard mount leather bags .

·
Registered
568 Posts
Got my 04 with just under 2000 miles for uhhh(I can't believe it- I forgot what I paid!! I know it was more than 5 and less than 6- search my posts- I asked these guys if it was a good deal)
I guess that is a telling answer- I like it so much that after 9 months- WHO CARES what it cost.

If the bike sucked or had a bunch of problems I'd sure remember what I paid!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Took mine to SC and back last June. With wifey -- moteled it though. No windshield, just tank, backrest and saddle bags. With just a couple of mods it works fine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I check Cycletrader.com all the time and it seems like the sellers on there are VERY optimistic (High prices). However, they are asking prices, not sale prices. It seems like they go for less on ebay. Sorry I don't have advice, just an observation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts