Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 Speed triple = 14 500 Eur
1 "Stunt man" = free of charge
1 Birch Tree = 350 eur
1 road ending too quickly

EQUALS =

- Broken S3, totalled and write off
- 2 sommersaults
- 1 Cracked helmet
- 1 leather jacket torn apart
- 1 trousers with padding cut by medical stuff
- 2 ambulances, 6 medical staff at accident scene.
- 3 times on hospital
- total of 44 hospital nights,
- 4 operations, (10 hour multi ligament knee op, 2 different foot op's)
- totalling 14,5 hours under the knife
- two serious bacteria infection on foot, finally resistent to all orally taken antibiotics..
- total of 7 courses of different antibiotics of which finally 2grams Vancosin 2 times a day straight to the vain (normal dose 500mg to 750mg orally per day). This stuff is the strongest antibiotics of all.. if you drop it too quickly to your vain, you can lose your hearing .. nice..
- 3 metal screws, 6pcs 4cm tall titanium nails
- External fix (hoffmans spikes)
- dead man's ligament
- right knee ligament transplant.
- shitty hospital food
- Screaming pregnant missus, due date at Jan
- annoyed hospital room mates, to my consistent work calls.. one of them at hospital due to shooting wound at leg (nice bloke thou...)

total cost for insurance company +55k $

=

:hammer: PRICELESS

[ This message was edited by: L4TUA on 2006-11-10 14:08 ]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And oh yeah I am back on my feet, walking like grandpa thou,
but still.... :cool:

[ This message was edited by: L4TUA on 2006-11-10 14:10 ]

·
Registered
692 Posts
I just had surgery last week to install a pin in my hand after a bone rebuild from a low side on my Supermoto, Compared to you, I feel really lucky.

I just ordered replacements for the damaged parts from a 30 foot slide down asphalt lane.

Axle sliders $45
Side cowl over exhaust $23
Hand guards (upgraded to aluminum and optional) $50
Motrax mirror $45

Since I am a Vietnam era vet, My medical costs are minimal.

I love wrecking on supermotos, compared to sport bikes. (not so much the wrecking part)
But the cost of repair.

Good luck healing up L4TUA
I don't know about you, I don't like telling people I am injured from a motorcycle accident, It just reinforces their beliefs on THE DANGERS OF MOTORCYCLES!!!

Hell, I was having a GREAT time... Just before I went down.

·
Registered
217 Posts
And after all of that you maintain a great sense of humour. You are The Man.
Nice list of body repairs, but what the farqar are "hoffman's spikes"? I have a feeling my ex-girlfriend may have bought some of them during her kinky stage!
I think we all dread having to write into this forum with a tale like yours. That sort of detail is what keeps my wild side in check.... most of the time. Good luck, bro.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm glad you got of this ok and that you have a positive out look on all of this. Party on Wayne. :wink:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
If you ever get around these parts let me know. I'll treat you to a massage by a pretty girl. You've earned it.

Offer void where prohibited.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It just goes to show you, they make Finns tough. Don't get discouraged, the rehab will go slow at first, but as you keep at it, you'll finally reach a point when you realize that you're in better shape than you were before the accident! And good luck with the new arrival when it comes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Side question - If I ever wrecked my bike and lived and my wife didn't kill me afterwards there's no way she would let me buy another bike, so what's your plan? I'm kind of curious, because you have one on the way now.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
mingers are dickheads I think?-Hoffman spikes were invented by Dr. Hoffman (no relation, same name) to keep various body parts together while they heal.
Good luck to you and hope all goes well in your healing process. Be careful out there!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts