Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
what would you say is a fair price for a 2001 Daytona 955i, 2600 miles, 'Perfect Condition' according to seller (have not seen the bike yet). Silver (he list this color as rare), with under tail black widow exhaust.

As far as that model year (which I happen to love the design), is there anything I should be concerned of?

thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Hi Texascat

Being in Aussie sorry I don't know the answer about price.

But I am curious about tbe exhaust as I have not heard of that brand.

A photo would be I.teresting if you end up buying it.

Cheers
DaveM:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Texascat

Being in Aussie sorry I don't know the answer about price.

But I am curious about tbe exhaust as I have not heard of that brand.

A photo would be I.teresting if you end up buying it.

Cheers
DaveM:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Motorcycle App
Here are some pics from the owner

·
Premium Member
24,407 Posts
Thanks mate I have never seen that one before, the bike looks pretty clean though.

Trident (Wolf) aka Peter Sorrel makes a very nice under-tail exhaust for these bikes.

Well I am sure one of your fellow countryman will be able to advise you ion the price question.

cheers
DaveM:HappySidecar

G

·
Here are some pics from the owner

Nice looking bike and a clean Black Widow. My friend has a Black widow on his 99 Daytona. Choose to repack it at 38,000 miles to drop noise a bit.. What a bike like that should cost is what you are willing to pay. Here in Houston a 2002 with 12k just sold for 2950 and a 99 sold for 3500 so how much do you love the bike. I wouldn't sell either of my 955s for less than5k and I know no one would pay that. So let us know. Hap

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very nice bike... I think it's hard to nail down a price on these as there are many variables. Given the low mileage, "perfect condition", and year round riding locale I would guess $2,800-3,800.

Personally I would go for an 02+. They look much newer and my 02 is simply amazing. If you search you can find some awesome deals, it does take awhile. I got my bike for an amazing price at the end of the season.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you al for your inputs. It is sold by a local guy through our club website and is asking for offers. I did not want to go in with a ridiculous offer, but at the same time, I did not want to throw away money. It seems $2,500 could be a good starting point.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Personally I would go for an 02+. They look much newer and my 02 is simply amazing. If you search you can find some awesome deals, it does take awhile. I got my bike for an amazing price at the end of the season.
But don't those have a DSSA? SSSA is pure sex sir. :D

·
Registered
1998 T595 Daytona 2014 Kawasaki Ninja1000ABS
7,992 Posts
If it's any help, I paid $3,300 for a '98 with 7,700miles in pristine condition with the Tors can, Corbin seat, solo cowl, Helibars, new tires, recent fluids this past fall. I either paid too much or you're going to get a great deal. I'm beginning to wonder why the original owners bought these bikes and then never rode them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When someone says "This is a collectors bike !", they wont let it go cheap. They guy needs to have an asking price.

Ill give him 3k just so I can strip it for parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I realize i'm a couple days late chiming in here, but if all is true about the bike [pristine cond. etc.] you could pay up to 5k and still have gotten a fair deal. This has to of course be exactly what you were looking for. As others have stated, '02 and newer are quite a different bike. A little more H.P., newer body style. I just really like the looks of the pre '02 Daytonas and S3s. Take good care of it and you've got yourself 75,000 miles of fun. I've got 58,000 on one of mine and it shows no signs of getting weak. It really is a unique bike. GOOD LUCK!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts