Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a great deal on a set of Predators and headers from a Bonneville that the seller says will fit an '06 Thruxton too. Is this true? I have looked thru the threads but can only find info of the Preds going from a Thruxton to a Bonnie, not the other way round (sometimes things will fit one way, but not the other). I can't use my existing headers coz these are black powder coated headers coming with the Preds. I am currently in Korea, so cannot call the manufacturer about this, and time is of the essence.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looking at the BC site. I would have to say no. The Bonneville/T100 Preds will not work with the Thruxton ?? When you compare the two, the angle that they both are attached are different ?? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have seen a great deal on a set of Predators and headers from a Bonneville that the seller says will fit an '06 Thruxton too. Is this true? I have looked thru the threads but can only find info of the Preds going from a Thruxton to a Bonnie, not the other way round (sometimes things will fit one way, but not the other). I can't use my existing headers coz these are black powder coated headers coming with the Preds. I am currently in Korea, so cannot call the manufacturer about this, and time is of the essence.

Thanks guys!
I have the Preds but I don't know the answer! The easiest way to get the info you need would be to contact Sean at British Customs (http://www.british-customs.com/)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Personal gain!

Military? Army or Air Force?

Assuming the nations call is what brought you to Korea -- Thanks!!!
I'm afraid not, Wyo - I am oilfield trash, here to commission some new drill ships they are building for us.
I don't like people shouting at me, so never joined the military. Plus I am Scottish, not sure if Uncle Sam wants us furners fighting for him!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Header Fitment on Thruxton

Because the frame and rear peg mounts in same area the switch will work as long as you change the headers as well, it wont have the real aggressive kick up that the thruxton does and will look like the lower bonnie setup but will work fine. Make sure you grab a set of new header gaskets when you do the job as they shouldnt be used twice. Hope this info helps in your decision

1 - 9 of 9 Posts