Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This machine is a weapon :cool:
Head skimmed and gas flowed, airbox removed, K&N pod filters, AI removed, Predators, uprated clutch springs, 19 tooth front sprocket, Icon rear suspension, chopped rear fender.

[ This message was edited by: robnobrakes on 2006-11-25 07:40 ]

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-11-25 07:58, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
Sweet - looks great. The Predators sound the best IMHO. What kind of gas flow numbers did you get ? Heads ported at all ? What is your compression now? JCW
Compression ratio now 10.4 to 1.

Lots of alloy was shaved out of the inlet and exhaust ports and well as the head skimming, completed by Bob Farnham Tuning here in the UK.

I'm taking the bike back to the Bob Farnham, to check out the fuel air ratio on his dyno. British Customs supplied 145 main jets and 45 pilots. My bike is currently running 138 main jets and standard pilots. Rejetting will be carried out as required. Currently 70.6 rear wheel BHP and 61.3 ft/lbs rear wheel torque. I'm waiting to see how the Predators compair with the TORS, previously fitted.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Rob, whose rear lighting kit is that? I'd like to do the rear fender elimination, but haven't seen a lighting kit that I both like the looks and think puts out enough braking signal.

Bike looks great, btw.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On 2006-11-25 10:48, TroyH wrote:
Rob, whose rear lighting kit is that? I'd like to do the rear fender elimination, but haven't seen a lighting kit that I both like the looks and think puts out enough braking signal.

Bike looks great, btw.
Hi TroyH

LED rear cyclops light with alloy numberplate bracket and mini LED indicators all from Motrax in the UK. This is their website:

http://www.motrax.co.uk

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-26 11:13, ChuckofTahoe wrote:
What a great package you have put together on this Thruxie.

Simple and aggressive elegance.

Are those aftermarket rearsets.

Ditto, ditto, ditto :-D

Steve

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-11-26 11:20, Spyder94 wrote:
On 2006-11-26 11:13, ChuckofTahoe wrote:
What a great package you have put together on this Thruxie.

Simple and aggressive elegance.

Are those aftermarket rearsets.

Ditto, ditto, ditto :-D

Steve
The rearsets are stock.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
On 2006-11-25 10:48, TroyH wrote:

Bike looks great, btw.
Troy,here`s a pic of my Kuryakyn large halogen SilverBullets,[they have large and small,halo and LED]and the 4710 controller which makes these 2 lights into fulltime running lights,blinkers and brakes,while taking up no more space than blinkers alone.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Hi Rob - I believe you've made a good choice switching from TOR's to Predators. My sense (I have no figures to substantiate this) is that TORS are over rated, over priced and under performers. I'm keen to see the the numbers... Triumph may well be able to say "I told you so" but I don't think so.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I tried to get these but Motrax only deliver to the UK..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Robnobrakes

Excellent looking black Thruxton! Yours kinda looks like mine with all the mods you've done to it. I have D & Ds fitted and I'm happy so far but hear the Predators are the way to go.

My Thruxton

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On 2007-01-06 19:59, midmod wrote:
Bike looks great PLEASE tell us about that flyscreen. I WANT ONE!
hi midmod

Its homemade, using sheet alluminium. Cut to shape and curved using the rear tyre (tire) of my VRT1000 Firestorm (Superhawk). Painted gloss black, with a polished edge. Secured in place with 2 rivits using a homemade shaped alluminium strap bolted through the headlamp fixing bolts. Cost £5.00 ($10.00).

and before the strap was painted black

[ This message was edited by: robnobrakes on 2007-01-07 02:06 ]

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On 2007-01-06 22:02, Vox66 wrote:
Robnobrakes

Excellent looking black Thruxton! Yours kinda looks like mine with all the mods you've done to it. I have D & Ds fitted and I'm happy so far but hear the Predators are the way to go.

My Thruxton
I have not seen or heard the D& D's in the flesh, so don't know. The Predators are excellent quality and sound brilliant. They also gave huge inprovements in torque and power over the TORS previously fitted. I've bounced the dyno results posted on here a few weeks ago to show the improvements over TORS. 71 rear wheel BHP and 60.5ft/lbs rear wheel torque.

[ This message was edited by: robnobrakes on 2007-01-07 02:16 ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts