Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the full BC Predator Pros on their modern T120? I followed the directions exactly but they seem very close to the shock bolts. Look amazing (never a huge fan of the peashooter) and sound a little more throaty/full. Seems like they should clear a little wider? Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keep a close eye on the back ends of these mufflers. There's been complaints about them (complete with photos) on this Forum as well as on the Bonneville Owners Facebook Group about the welds seperating in short order. I suggest you find the relevant photos with a search of the Boneville Owners FB Group on Nov.4. There must be 26 or more comments with several of those having had the same problem with British Customs silencers. If you know where to look you can keep a sharp eye out; if you have the same problem its always easier to get relief if you act promptly. You might also find the photos here in a thread on TEC pipes; both TEC and BC are reputed to job-out their silencers to a Chinese knock-off outfit. PS: I'd hang onto the pea-shooters in case you need to refit them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep all OEM parts and will keep an eye out. Most of what I’ve read has been positive though....

Keep a close eye on the back ends of these mufflers. There's been complaints about them (complete with photos) on this Forum as well as on the Bonneville Owners Facebook Group about the welds seperating in short order. I suggest you find the relevant photos with a search of "British Customs" and keep a sharp eye out; if you have the problem its always easier to get relief if you act promptly. You might find the photos in a thread on TEC pipes; both TEC and BC job-out their silencers to a Chinese knock-off outfit. PS: I'd hang onto the pea-shooters in case you need to refit them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I've thinking about Pro's or Shorties. These are the first decent pics where I can see how the line up. Pro look better, imho.

About the welds, I did a search on here and in the FB group, couldn't find anything.
Does someone have direct link to the issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve not read anything that points to poor quality or I wouldn’t have bought them, but that’s not to say it doesn’t exist. So far, they look and sound great. I like these lines better than the shorty. I have the Triumph wax panniers and they fit just fine above (if that’s helpful). I can say their support is quick to respond and was helpful when I was worried about clearance (seems in spec) 4B91DB5B-5553-47CB-AE66-29A1680CDDEE_1574037714832.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts