Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the Berringer caliper with the stock master cylinder? I know this works with the Pre-Tech but not sure about the Berringer. Any other comments on your preferred set up welcome. I suppose the price is an issue.... Also has anyone used the stock disc / rotor with the Berringer caliper rather than their suggested cast disc?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I used the Pre-tech with the stock mastercylinder and it works very well. Used it with the stock disc for awhile - but I did have some pulsing at low speeds due to some build-up on the disc (this existed before the caliper swap out so it was no suprise when it was still there). I then fitted a BRAKING wave rotor. Very nice brake feel and modulation - excellent stoppin power - 1 finger on the lever is all you need. Not track tested yet - but extreme use on steep twisty mountain roads produces no issues with fading or the like. JCW

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks. I'd kinda decided on the Pre-Tech and EBC rotor (John - mainly 'cause it looks more retro than the wave rotor IMHO), but then spent some time looking at the Berringer kit. It seems to be very fancy French stuff.... But then it IS French .... Having said that I'd buy a Voxan Ca ff Racer tomorrow if it could be supported in South Africa. A pipe dream.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Anybody speak German.. Dang "Ton-up", the brakes, master cylinders, and levers sure look the part. Wonder just how expensive they are ?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
On 2006-12-06 08:52, CYNCRZR wrote:
Anybody speak German.. Dang "Ton-up", the brakes, master cylinders, and levers sure look the part. Wonder just how expensive they are ?
CYN - I don't speak german but Rainer speaks English pretty well. I have traded a number of emails with him and he has always been prompt to answer and very helpful - did offer me some decent package discounting as well. Unlike a few other companies across the pond that won't answer your emails. I don't know the current exchange rate on the euro but I believe it's not near as bad a hit as the pound is.

John

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-12-06 06:31, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
Eric - check out this link Cool Brakes for trick French brakes and other related stuff.

John

Thrux-ton-up dude
Very cool site. I can read German and they have very good merchandise. Thanks for the tip.

Steve, gears and such.

:yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts