Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the Norton in the shed and partially apart for its pre-season inspection. The belt drive looks AOK, no weird or abnormal wear showing, the cylinder head was re-torqued (should have been done a long time ago......) and only one bolt was slightly loose. The valves on the corresponding side needed a slight adjustment after re-torquing. When I had the timing cover off, everything was AOK, including cam chain tension. No weird or unexplained metal chunks! The new Joe Hunt magneto is on, timed and ready to go.
The bad news is my rear wheel was a mess! Both bearings shot, and the rear brake lining down to about 20% . Also, my headlamp with provisions for a halogen light is severely cracked in 3 places! Not too happy about that one either.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The bad news is my rear wheel was a mess! Both bearings shot, and the rear brake lining down to about 20% . Also, my headlamp with provisions for a halogen light is severely cracked in 3 places! Not too happy about that one either.
And I thought New England winters where hard on machinery. I hope you have a local parts source. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts