Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION STORIES?

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Scrambler900 
#1 ·
What are your experiences with the set up your bike at delivery? Mine have been excellent, that's why I have two Triumphs. Any nightmares, any "atta boys"?

#2 ·
Supposed to have full tank of gas on delivery. Ran out on way home (5 miles), switched to reserve. Dealer apologized profusely and gave me free 500 mile service. Aw***** followed by a big attaboy. Good dealer.

Dennis

#5 ·
Headlight aim as well, no manual (got one later), front tire wobble (OEM issue/replaced)... Did not really get a walk around, but I did not need one. The dealer I bought from has multiple brands and the sales guy I dealt with was cool and rode "Brit Iron". He is no longer there and they now don't seem as interested in my and my money. So another dealer is my main parts point as needed.

#7 ·
Bike was riteon & delivered. Only 1 thing. When I looked @ the bike in showroom chain was loose. Said will do on pre-delivery . 1 week laster a little squirley? Checked - the nuts had been loosesne as if some one started t odo it then forgot? Chain was super loose too. Could have been a real bummerfor a newbie! All else doin fine 2 yrs later. :) :cool:

#8 ·
I got my T100 from Simi Valley Cycle when I was living in California. They did an excellent job setting up the bike and making sure that everything worked right. They showed me how everything worked and then towed the bike to my house in Thousand Oaks where they once again showed me how it all worked and waited to see if I had any questions or problems. First class all the way. :upthumb:

#13 ·
Both of my bikes needed to be heavily detailed (by me) once I got them home, because they had an obvious oil coating (cozmolene ?) that the factory puts on them for rust protection prior to trans Atlantic shipping. And, my T100 had a bad front rim that was replaced after my first ride onthe bike revealed the problem. But both Triumphs are clean and running fine now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.