Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a PowerBronze hugger on their 99-04 Sprint? I ordered one a few weeks ago and it arrived today. I open the undamaged box to find my nice new shiny hugger....with a hole 7 inches up from the flat part that mounts to the swing arm! Now I don't claim to be an expert on huggers however, I have NEVER seen one with a hole anywhere near this area. Someone please tell me there is an odd mounting arrangement on a bike where this is compatible and I am not victim to yet another poorly crafted hugger from what was supposed to be a "reputable" company! :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
George it is supposed to be there.

there is a piece of 25 x 5mm black iron flat bar shped to the inside of the hugger which supports it. one end bolts to the swing arm the other to the hugger in the hole pf which you speak.

All of this is in the instructions.

Cheers,
Davem :cool:
I have pics of mine fitted to my '04 Sprint on page 4 of my album.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave! I thought you said you had one and were pleased with it. I looked at the instructions the best I could without opening the bag in case I needed to send it back. After my last experience (with a Tamburini) I may be just a little gun shy! :razz:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay in reply, I am elbow deep in my 12K service and muffler upgrade!
The Tamburini I purchased looked like total *****! I did my research and found many good things about it. I purchased it from the UK and when it arrived, it had so many places on it that looked like someone had rubbed super glue on the surface. After consulting with Pus hr0d (previous experience working with resins), he said the mold was dirty and it had not been pressed in properly. Upon closer inspection I noticed it did not go straight back, but had an angle that took the hugger over the sprocket! There was no way to mount it without it rubbing the wheel! I purchased it from a HIGHLY reputable dealer and felt fortunate enough to get my money back (minus what I lost in exchange rate change from original purchase. I lost over $100USD between shipping and exchange rate. :evil:

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Sounds like bad luck George,
It is critical how you mount the black iron bracket as to wether it clears the tyre properly on the chain side.

I had to undo mine and refit it to make it clear properly but it was easy and no big deal.

Sounds like yours was made incorrectly with the mould though.

Iceman has one too and so do a few others here and no probs that I have heard of before.

Davem :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts