Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting a new screen, my stock 07 screen has the tabs broken off along one side, it was like that when I got it which makes it bounce a bit on the motorway. I think I like the look of the Powerbronze Double Bubble Smoked screen, but it is hard to tell as all the pictures I can find are close-ups, I'd like to see how it effects the lines of the bike from a bit of a distance.

Does anyone have any helpful photos or links ?

Thanks
Neo

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Here you go. A Powerbronze Airflow clear shield (double bubble) on an '08 Sprint.
The rise of the PB windscreen is 1.5" higher than stock.
I bought it for no particular reason other than a great price on eBay and to save a brand new stock screen.
The fit is a little snug in the slots and you have to wiggle it to start the plastic screws.

·
Registered
139 Posts
any pics of the MRA ...

can people say how the wind deflection is and their height also please...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
938 Posts
My height is around 2m (6' 1" in the old scale). My MRA DB pushes the breeze so it now hit the top of my helmet, stock screen used to hit around chin level. I've noticed a bit less noise and turbulence too. Note that I have an '06 so the 'bars are lower than '07+

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here you go. A Powerbronze Airflow clear shield (double bubble) on an '08 Sprint.
I bought it for no particular reason other than a great price on eBay and to save a brand new stock screen.
The fit is a little snug in the slots and you have to wiggle it to start the plastic screws.
nice look

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Do I see an old Simpson on the bench?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Bruce, that is just what I needed to see, looks great too. Is that your lawn ? Mine looks like a football pitch after the winter.

Mick & others, hadn't considered the MRA screen, I'll check that out too.

Cheers
Neo

·
Registered
326 Posts
No mean to hack the post, but anyone knows where I can find MRA double bubble in Canada ? Where can I order online for these?

·
Registered
444 Posts
No mean to hack the post, but anyone knows where I can find MRA double bubble in Canada ? Where can I order online for these?
Twisted Throttle will ship to Canada, got my MRA Vario Touring from them last week. USPS/Canada Post shipping is reasonable-ish, though the exchange rate ain't the greatest right now.

Actually, shipping should be cheaper for you, since it comes across from Rhode Island to the Montreal customs house before shipped elsewhere.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great pictures thanks guys. Haven't managed to track down a UK source for MRA so will probably go for one of the others.
Cheers
Neo

·
Registered
326 Posts
Finally made up my mind and ordered myself the Powerbronze Double bubble instead of the MRA. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts