Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, just got a note from powerbronze saying its finally been dispatched. they said 21 days-ish considering they have to make it specially as its not in stock, but only been just over a week!

what they look like

I've got the dark tint one, thought it would look nicer than the stock clear "touring screen", and its a bit cheaper too ;)

Ill put some pics up when I have it (though have to wait another week and a half before I actually pick up my gt...)

Update:
Pics out of the box

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got one on my fazer, hope it looks as good on the sprint. But worried how they don't seem to have produced many for the GT :S

·
Registered
266 Posts
What level of turbulence is created by this shield? I have the factory styled bubble on my 09 sprint, and at highway speed, there is a lot of helmet buffeting, unusual for a db. I'm looking for something better for longer rides. tomp

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well its arriving today but won't pick up gt till next week so can't tell you yet! But my first ride will be with standard screen so I can provide a comparison with that, but not with the triumph one!

To be honest the improvement in wind deflection is just as important to me as the improved looks ;)

I need to spruce it up a bit so people don't think I'm riding an old man's bike (no offence to ye more mature members on here :) ) , then again my younger brother has a BMW 800 gs so I don't think he can say anything to me :p

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
pympeter
Nice shield. In fact it looks taller than the Powerbronze double-bubble on my '08 ST.
On little tip on your bike. You better get those extra keys off your key ring and tuck the key fob between the clutch cable and triple clamp when you ride.
If the finish on your upper triple clamp is anything like the silver finish on my '08, the extra keys will scuff the hell out of it in no time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pympeter

On little tip on your bike. You better get those extra keys off your key ring and tuck the key fob between the clutch cable and triple clamp when you ride.
If the finish on your upper triple clamp is anything like the silver finish on my '08, the extra keys will scuff the hell out of it in no time.
yes people have said that, but it's such a hassle to have two sets of keys! I'll have a think what I can do, never had a problem with them on my fazer though :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
yes people have said that, but it's such a hassle to have two sets of keys! I'll have a think what I can do, never had a problem with them on my fazer though :)
Try a headstock vinyl or a real piece of CF. You can get the stickers on ebay for a few quid, the real thing are obviously more expensive.
You can just see mine on the piccy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Here's what I do. Even just the key fob swinging in the breeze screwed up the finish on my triple clamp. I was able to polish out 95% of the scuffs, but I was none too happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts