Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Also, on the flip side, i fully support the R1250R. I love my R1200R. Full exhaust and tune and they're hitting 135hp at the wheels.

Mine is currently apart in my garage undergoing a round headlight conversion

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Hi Dive my mistake mate earlier in this thread when a R1250 was offered up I mistakenly understood GS, I still stand firmly next to the 1200XE when alongside the GS. Now the R1250R is a whole different bike incomparable to my 1200 scrambler 2 totally different schools of thought sorry Buddy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm waiting for a cam and Xpipe, but don't want more noise than I need, so keeping the stock cans.
I'm waiting for a cam and Xpipe, but don't want more noise than I need, so keeping the stock cans.
Hi, MJG a mate of mine has modified the STD XE mufflers, only in the gas input side of those mufflers cosmetically he did not alter at all but as the gas enters the mufflers there is a restrictor that was removed in each of the two mufflers, next time you are at your bike take a torch and light up the exit of the muffler and look inside and you will see a restrctor on the entryway

·
Registered
31 Posts
A 1200 twin with double the hp, other than the old Panigale which is a short stroke high revving race horse, is going to be hard to find. There isn't much demand for that. A 1200cc twin for this platform is all about torque low and a powerful mid range surge. This bike appears to have just that.

I am curious if the cat delete can get it up to 100 hp or if you need a full exhaust for that.

NC

You know you just might be right but I will say this, the more people inquire such as myself the more likely someone will understand the money available for such improvements and 120 hp out of a 1200 should not be unreasonable after all there are 1200 with more than double this power so if there is a market and I’m am hoping that there is someone wanting to fill the void some time.
I have only recently purchased my XE, I traded my thruxton r for it and 90 hp on dirt is friggin awesomeness in fact it’s a total handful at wide open throttle on dirt and sometimes to much to be honest. I have been riding my xr400 for three years on the dirt and it does not have 40 hp and at full tilt it to is a total handful at wide open throttle on the dirt roads so actually anything over 40 hp on the dirt is over the top

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A 1200 twin with double the hp, other than the old Panigale which is a short stroke high revving race horse, is going to be hard to find. There isn't much demand for that. A 1200cc twin for this platform is all about torque low and a powerful mid range surge. This bike appears to have just that.

I am curious if the cat delete can get it up to 100 hp or if you need a full exhaust for that.

NC
Yes, panigale has high HP but I am only interested in achieving 120 or so Hp and yes they are both around the same ci ( cubicle inch or size) engine

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
As an alternative to buying another bike, like a new Rocket or R1250R, I thought about the Tec cam for the T120. Tec claims that this cam increases and gives flat torque up to about 6000 rpm. This and a Diva tune would wake this up, although I doubt 120 rwhp.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Yeah with the t120 you might get into the 90whp range
With Stock mufflers and Meerkat x-pipe? 90 rwhp would put it higher than the new Tiger 900, which I plan to ride when my dealer gets one. My experience with a race cam on an ‘83 XLH was that it pushed the max torque up above 4000 rpm but made normal riding a pita.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Doubtful with stock mufflers and stock air box and air filter. I'm talking best case scenario with full exhaust including slipons air filter possibly opened up air box inlet.

to make it possible to achieve the best possible results you really need to sort of lay the groundwork for your bike to perform as best as possible

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Doubtful with stock mufflers and stock air box and air filter. I'm talking best case scenario with full exhaust including slipons air filter possibly opened up air box inlet.

to make it possible to achieve the best possible results you really need to sort of lay the groundwork for your bike to perform as best as possible
Ok, so which mufflers and air box kit would you recommend?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok so 89 hp advertised by triumph? If is flywheel power then 120 hp at flywheel power is what I’d say I’d like to achieve, there that said and I believe it may be achievable, I hope.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts