Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Two ways for sure. Buy a 765 Daytona and put an XE badge on it OR buy a Supercharger.

Sorry after 4 years of trial and error with the 1200cc HP motors only a few have got to 100 horsepower and I think maybe a couple have done slightly better.

It's only recently that the ECU could be modified and performance cams have become available for some but not all of the watercooled models.

I don't recall seeing much in terms of performance mods on the XE. So your question is like asking about landing a person on Mars

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know you just might be right but I will say this, the more people inquire such as myself the more likely someone will understand the money available for such improvements and 120 hp out of a 1200 should not be unreasonable after all there are 1200 with more than double this power so if there is a market and I’m am hoping that there is someone wanting to fill the void some time.
I have only recently purchased my XE, I traded my thruxton r for it and 90 hp on dirt is friggin awesomeness in fact it’s a total handful at wide open throttle on dirt and sometimes to much to be honest. I have been riding my xr400 for three years on the dirt and it does not have 40 hp and at full tilt it to is a total handful at wide open throttle on the dirt roads so actually anything over 40 hp on the dirt is over the top

·
Registered
76 Posts
Unfortunately like the speed twin there’s no cam yet as the new scrambler and Speed twin cam is slightly different to the other 1200 cams. Tec are working on one and at a guess should be out this year.

theres no reason why with a decat, muffler, air filter, tune that you couldn’t get between 110-120 at the flywheel. if your looking for 120 at the wheel then buy another bike.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
You know you just might be right but I will say this, the more people inquire such as myself the more likely someone will understand the money available for such improvements and 120 hp out of a 1200 should not be unreasonable after all there are 1200 with more than double this power so if there is a market and I’m am hoping that there is someone wanting to fill the void some time.
I have only recently purchased my XE, I traded my thruxton r for it and 90 hp on dirt is friggin awesomeness in fact it’s a total handful at wide open throttle on dirt and sometimes to much to be honest.
I'm working horsepower increases for my Thruxton R because I take it racing and it's fun to hot rod it. All I'm saying is there hasn't been a big aftermarket to significantly increase the performance of this engine yet.

A lot of the progress that has been made so far is due to creative individuals owning the bikes. There are a few companies doing some performance engineering out there so we are moving in that direction.

I would say us hot rodders are in the minority of Triumph owners so the demand isn't very high. A lot of performance oriented folks can buy the performance without modifications from different companies and save themselves the effort.

Keep trying.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi speed, nuh 120 hp at flywheel I’d be great , I have already done a cat delete and I do have the factory arrow muffler with removed restricters also I have removed the air box snorkel this has made an awesome road bike I did 1000 kms in one day lap of Tasmania last weekend and this bike actually handles better that the thruxton r, yeh I know hard yo believe but true

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm working horsepower increases for my Thruxton R because I take it racing and it's fun to hot rod it. All I'm saying is there hasn't been a big aftermarket to significantly increase the performance of this engine yet.

A lot of the progress that has been made so far is due to creative individuals owning the bikes. There are a few companies doing some performance engineering out there so we are moving in that direction.

I would say us hot rodders are in the minority of Triumph owners so the demand isn't very high. A lot of performance oriented folks can buy the performance without modifications from different companies and save themselves the effort.

Keep trying.
Oh absolutely I’m going to keep on trying to upgrade because I definitely found the chassis that suits my ridding style, I loved my thruxton r but this bike is soooo boss on the blacktop and as far as dirt riding goes I’m addicted to power sliding out of corners on this sucker it’s so addictive

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you engage a real engine builder you could get there, but it doesn’t seem there’s an economical, bolt-on solution readily available.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
I don’t have one but have been looking at a new R1250R, which has ESA. Great bike but more than I need, including performance and price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don’t have one but have been looking at a new R1250R, which has ESA. Great bike but more than I need, including performance and price.
Yeh you see the problem with me is that all issues start with electronic suspension and sorry mate but you and all the GS fellas can keep that **** to yourselves ! Sorry mate but living in the real world out in the middle of bum f__k nature doesn’t care how much you’ve spent on your scooter buddy

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Yeh you see the problem with me is that all issues start with electronic suspension and sorry mate but you and all the GS fellas can keep that **** to yourselves ! Sorry mate but living in the real world out in the middle of bum f__k nature doesn’t care how much you’ve spent on your scooter buddy
Like I said, I don’t own a BMW. All the electronic stuff are options. It was the 136 hp I thought you’d be interested in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said, I don’t own a BMW. All the electronic stuff are options. It was the 136 hp I thought you’d be interested in.
Well that’s a very good question, how much power? It is an age old question, on that will be debated till the end of days I’d say.
I can appreciate 40 hp in a bike, on my xr 470 ( bored and stroked XR) it is an absolute riot at wot on fire and logging roads and 90 hp is brilliant so I’d say 120 is all I’d ever need on this bike mate, so do yourself a favour and wave the GS boys on by cobber

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi speed, nuh 120 hp at flywheel I’d be great , I have already done a cat delete and I do have the factory arrow muffler with removed restricters also I have removed the air box snorkel this has made an awesome road bike I did 1000 kms in one day lap of Tasmania last weekend and this bike actually handles better that the thruxton r, yeh I know hard yo believe but true
Hi Munga, I’d like to hear your bike, I live in Hobart too, I am on my 2nd T120 now and every now and then chase a little extra HP out of it, I’ve decatted and keep the throttle bodies balanced but am interested in airflow and the sound of the bike. Did a 400k (nearly 1/2 a lap) on Sunday, bike runs really well just sometimes chase a little extra. PM me and I’ll flick you my phone numbe, catch up for a coffee somewhere
mick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Munga, I’d like to hear your bike, I live in Hobart too, I am on my 2nd T120 now and every now and then chase a little extra HP out of it, I’ve decatted and keep the throttle bodies balanced but am interested in airflow and the sound of the bike. Did a 400k (nearly 1/2 a lap) on Sunday, bike runs really well just sometimes chase a little extra. PM me and I’ll flick you my phone numbe, catch up for a coffee somewhere
mick
Hi Mick, definitely doable I’ll pm you mate, but I’ll warn you it sounds a bit loud at the minute and we are in the process of remedying it with new after market custom pipes, its a process but it needs to be done for the scrambler 1200

·
Registered
597 Posts
Also, on the flip side, i fully support the R1250R. I love my R1200R. Full exhaust and tune and they're hitting 135hp at the wheels.

Mine is currently apart in my garage undergoing a round headlight conversion

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts