Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My beast is 2014 with Australian Foran pipes and catalytic converter removed. 20000 service done a few thousand Ks ago. She's always had a flat spot/hesitation when opening throttle at low revs. I installed a Booster Plug and all it seems to do is slightly reduce the loud backfire on deceleration (still has flat spot when connected). I'm thinking of ordering a Dynojet Power Commander V. Any advice would be appreciated.
Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know what calibration its running? If its the stock one (20360) it will almost certainly be too lean. Ecutune is a good (and cheap) option to power commander. Just need to download the software and buy a cable (<$50). You could at least download the aftermarket exhaust cal (20363) and see if it helps (it does have more fuel). Keen to know how you go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what calibration its running? If its the stock one (20360) it will almost certainly be too lean. Ecutune is a good (and cheap) option to power commander. Just need to download the software and buy a cable (<$50). You could at least download the aftermarket exhaust cal (20363) and see if it helps (it does have more fuel). Keen to know how you go.
Thanks engine. I'll look into the calibration and ecutune.
Tony

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Make sure you can download tunes to your model with TuneECU.

If you don’t have the off road silencer map, a dealer should be able to load it for not too much $$$. The PCV with a custom dyno tune could be up to $1000. You can use the PCV to eliminate the decel popping without getting it dyno tuned. Dynojet also supplies generic maps for the PCV for stock and off road mufflers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts