Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search but did not find an answer. I have a 05 triple with BMC, stubby with adjustable baffle, removed pre-cat, bored out header, and 520 conversion with 47 teeth in the back. I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet as I know I need it tuned. I just bought a power commander and looking for tunes, so can anybody tell me where to find some tunes for now? I just need a map that will work with my setup.

I have a feeling that I will be spending more quality time with my rear tire now :-D

·
Registered
276 Posts
You may need a dyno tune to get the full potential out of all your mods. That is a lot of work, you probably should go that last mile.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Devi.

Beozack, I'm planning on doing a dyno tune but trying to avoid it right now. My next step is to re-work the heads and maybe install a different cam, so when those two mods are done then I will take it to have it dyno tuned.

Speaking of cams, does anybody know if there is a company that offers a more aggressive cam out there?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Both the 955i Speed Triple and Daytona cam sets are more agressive than the 1050 cams. The late Daytona cams have a good bit more lift and a lot more duration.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great! Hopefully I will post some dyno sheets with impressive numbers in the next two months or so.

Thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts