Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much research and gnashing of teeth I took the cat to a local Dynojet centre and did the evil deed ! :-D One power commander purchased, fitted and installed. Am I pleased, well a ride home which should have been 20 odd miles ended up like 75 miles between the showers. Delighted with the result. Simply transformed the Bike. It is true what they say !

Firstly there is no Power commander for the Tiger as such, they use the one for the 955i Daytona. Then have to build a map for the Tiger. Quite a few runs on the dyno and it took a day, but now showing 107bhp, before it was 97 and the fueling was all over the place. Far better torque across the range. ( I am running with an after market can) . It is not cheap, but as I intend on keeping this bike for a good few years I thought what the hell ! I will send B/S the printed version of before and after print outs from the dyno computer. (His printed ran out of ink so will pick it up in a day or two.)

Have a look at www.dynojet.co.uk

·
Registered
540 Posts
This is interesting.I'm considering buying a 2nd hand S3 and the owner has a Power Commander which he would sell for an additional cost (not specified) and he says smooths out the mid-range.I wasn't going to bother,as I've never felt the mid-range on a triple has ever been an issue in fact it's the best feature of the motor.I think it comes with a CD specific to the S3 can. What is the extra worth 2nd hand ? £100 ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll send you a p.m, but yes. When I saw the dyno graph my Bike was in a right state before. Check out the dyno site for a new one, but on flea bay they go for around £200 ! Chatting to a lad with a GSX who paid £180 for a power commander

[ This message was edited by: Trotts on 2007-03-06 14:56 ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I do not yet have a Power Commander on my Triumph but I fiitted one to my Aprilia Mille and it transformed the bike.

Not only was it smoother and more powerful in every gear but the fuel economy went up.

I am still running my Tiger in but will definitely put a Power Commander on in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why settle for second-best when you can get TuneBoy?
The Powercommander is the piggyback solution which you use to change the information the various sensors are providing to the ECU, in order to get a different output. With TuneBoy you have direct, complete access to that ECU, it allows you to change not only fuel and injection mapping, but to influence all other functions performed by the ECU as well.
Personally I have very good experiences with it on a Daytona 955i, a Daytona 600 and a Speed Triple.
Have a look at their website and see what is possible!

[ This message was edited by: Cornelis on 2007-03-13 17:33 ]

·
Registered
370 Posts
i know what i want santa to bring me this year for christmas now ..........a tune boy..........oh and a laptop would be useful,as i cannot get my computer in the garage. :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts