Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Ive had the jardine exhaust system installed,cat converter removed, and some sort of computer reconfiguration done, i didn't bother with a PCIII or tuneboy, because of warranty issues? but now Ive started thinking maybe remapping or custom mapping is the better idea? heres the question, which one?? any thoughts.
:???:

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are a ton of posts about both topics. I've spent scores of hours reading things on this and other websites.

I like the Tuneboy because it opens the secondaries, something that no factory Triumph tune can boast. The Tuneboy corrected my speedometer error and allowed me to raise my rev limit and maximum speed limit.

I like the PC III because you can take it to a dyno operator and have them create a custom map.

I bought the Tuneboy and am happy with it. I plan on getting a PC III soon and having a dyno guy create a custom map.

I look forward to discovering a dyno operator in Texas that is comfortable and proficient with Tuneboy...

Good luck!

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TallTxGuy, thats what Ive noticed everyone wants to sell me the PCIII because their authorised dynojet dealers, and they don't know anything about the tuneboy, therefor not wanting to work with it, Ive got a superchips computer program in my GM truck, is the tuneboy as easy to install, and user friendly as the automotive computer programmers are? i.e. plug in and set adjustments. thanks

[ This message was edited by: YETI on 2006-11-18 23:48 ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's a piece of cake to hook up the Tuneboy (lift seat and hook Tuneboy cable from laptop to cable by battery).

Tuneboy is user-friendly, but you can wreck your engine quickly if ya go pokin' where ya ought not be. The PC III and a dyno operator take the guesswork out of things whereas the Tuneboy is still a work in progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts