Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking all who post to set up the Title with the Location of the trip and Year (First) and the rest can be what you want to report about. I think this will help those planning a trip and searching for information.

Thank you Lee

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
11-11-2009

Ed and Bob took a veteran's day ride from my house to Masonville the up the Buckhorn. After Stove Prairie, we descended to the Poudre river then down to Bellvue. I then returned home going around the Horsetooth reservoir. We started @ 6000 ft elevation, up over 7000 then down to 5000 in Laporte. It was 60 degrees or so and the sand they used on the roads from the latest snowstorm was mostly gone. After a snow , it takes several days for the traffic to clear sand from the blind corners, but we were good. Gasoline stations on this loop all went out of business when underground storage requirements were upgraded many years ago. I took a small chance and went with a partial tank. It only took 1.3gal when I gassed up in Laporte after less than 100 miles and a couple hours. Beer is easier to get. YUM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.