Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

461 - 480 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like those grips much better than the heated version.
Even luckier for me I've got the originals albeit a pair not both throttle side.
Think I'll have to check the inner diameters to see if they are close enough to fit

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well I think you'll find the non heated one has a smaller left hand side grip inner cavity, so they wont fit the tube and element on the left side. But check anyway..

You can also get some 2mm thick neoprene foam rubber tubes that fit well over the top of the new grips. This gives a slightly larger feel, close to the originals and also has better shock absorption than new grips that look good but have a thinner harder rubber/silicone than the heated ones.

The neoprene costs 2.00 dollars per tube/side from Clarke Rubber in Australia or you can buy them for 10.00 each side online as grip puppies or "*****" grips.

·
Registered
49 Posts
$6 helmet mod

Link to buy El-wire for $6. Then I used a hot glue gun on the right side of the helmet and laid it in, then continued to hot glue the control module in place filling in around the edges and up the sides a bit.

The first picture is powered off, second picture is powered on, the third picture shows you that there was some blank room due to the curvature of the helmet, such that if pressed firmly enough, could provide torque to pull of the module from the glue. To solve this I used some putty from the dollar store, and used a knife to pack the putty in there until it was uncompressable, then cut the edges of the putty off cleany. All thats left is for me to use some kind of sealant. You could accomplish this with any type of semi-pourous material like a mixture of glue and sawdust, but putty works great as it cleans up nicely.

Used masking tape to hold the design in place (its not up to my liking, Ill go back and fix it) then glue the design in once I am satisfied. The control module itself comes out neatly in the event water leaked in and the integrated circuit board can be cleanly exposed to a hair dryer if that was necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cheap, more comfortable shift lever. Just use regular water/gas tubes. You can even choose a material that fits your preference (more grippy or more sleek surface)

Very nice cell phone holder. Fits my iPhone 7+. I use it on my bicycle, put it on my Sprint RS's mirror and it seems to be gripping pretty nice and secure there.. since there is almost no extra space for a handlebar mount.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all - any ideas on what to do here - me sprint and now me GT are suffered Ng from where my boot keeps catching the frame by the gear change as per picture. Have tried covering with some vinyl wrap but doesn't want to stick has anyone come up with a solution??

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello all - any ideas on what to do here - me sprint and now me GT are suffered Ng from where my boot keeps catching the frame by the gear change as per picture. Have tried covering with some vinyl wrap but doesn't want to stick has anyone come up with a solution??

How do your boots mark there ?

The footrests have a heel/boot protector shaped like a triangle above and behind the footrests position as that's where your boots should contact the bike.

If your contacting that far forwards of the footrest are you placing your heels on the footrests ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do your boots mark there ?

The footrests have a heel/boot protector shaped like a triangle above and behind the footrests position as that's where your boots should contact the bike.

If your contacting that far forwards of the footrest are you placing your heels on the footrests ?

Hello armarra - no I always sit the ball if my foot on the peg and move forward to change gear - maybe me boots just scraping it but so annoying

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hello armarra - no I always sit the ball if my foot on the peg and move forward to change gear - maybe me boots just scraping it but so annoying

Can you see that the leg is connected to the rear of your foot.
Can you see that the scrape marks are in front of the footrests...are you facing the right way when you ride ? The handlebar should be right in front of you ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts

If you are riding the bike back to front,that explains the rubbing on the frame and I acknowledge that your riding skills are far above that of a normal rider.

If not then I think you're possibly moving the foot too far forwards to change gear.

Check yourself on that.

·
Premium Member
24,281 Posts
If you are riding the bike back to front,that explains the rubbing on the frame and I acknowledge that your riding skills are far above that of a normal rider.

If not then I think you're possibly moving the foot too far forwards to change gear.

Check yourself on that.

Mmmmm you just can't manage to post, without making some barbed smarty pants comment can you Armarra. :peepwall
Somethings never change :grin2:

DaveM :sip

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the penny mod a thing? I just bought my 06 Sprint ST yesterday and I noticed the PO had jammed two pennies into the mirror stalks. One per side. I’m assuming the mirrors vibrated a lot before or something?

·
2,951 Posts
Is the penny mod a thing? I just bought my 06 Sprint ST yesterday and I noticed the PO had jammed two pennies into the mirror stalks. One per side. I’m assuming the mirrors vibrated a lot before or something?
Pretty sure that is not a sanctioned mod ;-)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I wanted to be in a separate you, but probably it will be more correct to write.
Before the new season did the following:
Painted the peeling end of the silencer with a thermo-paint.

Attachments

461 - 480 of 496 Posts