Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed that when i wash my bike, theres a build up of water just inside the filler cap. Theres a recess area that leads to the overflow pipe that would normally take water/petrol away from this area.
In my case,the opening that leads to the pipe has ( i think ) become blocked. So when i wash my bike the water that gets in there is not getting away.
I noticed the stuttering problem was only present after high speed sections, so i assumed that it was due to unburnt fuel. Now i think that whilst braking hard AFTER a high speed section, the water in the overflow area is "surging" forward and running into the tank. Obviously, once there, being heavier than petrol, it finds its way into the cylinder and fouls the firing up.
I intend to find the blockage as soon as i get chance, but thought i would pass the info on as i know this stuttering is a common problem.
Check yours out if youre having the same problem and let me know.

·
Registered
409 Posts
water in filler cap

hey

I had this problem, the breather hose was blocked. The subject is covered quite comprehensively on this site.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You also have to tilt the bike really far to each side after washing to get the water out of all the little places it likes to puddle up in like the spark plug wells. You have to practically lay it on it's side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts