1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seen that too....wonder if its a typo R isn't on that list or if for some reason they had different pads put on.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey all, this is my first post on Triumph Rat. I ride a 2018 765 RS. I too contacted Triumph USA back in Aprilia. I was told that my bike was not affected. My OE pads have about one more track day on them before needing replacing. Before replacing them I wanted to verify one more time if I was affected by the recall. I was looking into the recall documents, plus this form to see if anyone has received the notice. According to the NHTSA documents, Triumph plans to notify owners tomorrow, June 24. Hopefully this helps everyone. Attached is the NHTSA document. They give the date they plan on notifying the dealers & owners (sheet 6).

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
"The following models are potentially impacted:

• 2018-2020 Triumph Speed Triple S
  • 2018-2020 Triumph Street Triple RS
  • 2020-2020 Triumph Tiger 1200 Alpine Edition
  • 2020-2020 Triumph Tiger 1200 Desert Edition
  • 2018-2020 Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA
  • 2018-2020 Triumph Tiger 1200 XCx
  • 2018-2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XR
  • 2018-2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRT
  • 2018-2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRx
  • 2018-2019 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRx LRH
According to the defect notice published by the NHTSA, in some cases, there’s a risk that the front brake pads’ friction material could detach from the back plate. Should the problem occur, it could impact the motorcycle’s ability to brake efficiently and increase its stopping distance
The issue is seemingly connected to a high concentration of Nickel in the compound that causes the material to be more porous and therefore, to absorb water and salt—particularly in areas where salt and deicing agents are used to melt ice on the roads. The infiltration of salt and water could result in corrosion and compromise the pad’s adherence to the plate. "

Glad i live in California

·
Registered
3 Posts
The service bulletin says only German, Italian, and United Kingdom markets are affected.
Recalls are VIN specific, not destination specific. NHTSA recall means that it will affect models that reside in the USA. Recalls always trump a service bulletin, because by law they must be fixed before the sale/resale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts