Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay - so DEcosse had helped me greatly on an issue I had with my 955 and I am hoping I can get some input on this next issue. I just bought and took 4 hours installing the Shindengen MOSFET R/R unit for my '04 955. Everything is running excellent and strong. I started it this morning and drove it to work only to find that my instrument panel was going haywire, blinking, shutting off and turning back on. I have not checked my negative wire yet, but I tightened it pretty good last night putting hte bike back together. I also replaced my signals with LED's and was wondering if that could be causing the problem - do I need to change the signal relay?

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
.... I started it this morning and drove it to work only to find that my instrument panel was going haywire, blinking, shutting off and turning back on. ....
That is definitive indication that there is no/insufficent generator system voltage and your bike has been depleting the battery while running.

Did you do diagnostic on the stator also when you replaced the R/R?

Did you check the voltage across the battery with engine running after you first completed the install of the R/R?

Was this your very first outing after the R/R install?

First check the fuse in the R/R circuit and make sure that is good.
Check your connectors for the new R/R kit (did you make these terminations yourself, or buy a harness kit?) and make sure everything is well connected and there is no burning/arcing of the wires or connectors.

Do the stator tests - if there are no issues with the fuse or connectivity then almost certainly the stator is bad.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts