Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be moven to utah this spring .near salt lake city or park city .going there in feb. snowboarding . any info or possable ridin partners would be appreciated

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hit up snowbird last February. The place is just awsome. Amazing wind buff on 40 degree pitches and when the temps are right the best powder in the country. I have a season pass to Squaw Valley every year and Snowbird definetly compares.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Riding partner for snowboarding or motorcycling? I used to snowboard, but now I can only afford one hobby at a time. So it's biking for me.
But if you're looking for some people to ride with, I'm up for it. There's lots of good riding in that area, nice canyons and mountain roads. let me know if you move out here.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
man, utah is my favorite place to ride dirtbikes in the world! nothing tops moab area and luna mesa. watch our for a deep mix of religion and state though. it's only down side.
here's doug:

and dennis and i on poison spider mesa. sure miss that place.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hey guys I dont think Speedy would like red rock! Not enough ground clearence and tires that just might nt grab worth shisa! But hey get me dronk and paint me purple I'm in! When do we go?sean

·
Registered
337 Posts
On 2006-11-14 14:36, ORCA wrote:
Hey guys I dont think Speedy would like red rock! Not enough ground clearence and tires that just might nt grab worth shisa! But hey get me dronk and paint me purple I'm in! When do we go?sean
oops that is DRUNK! PLASTERED!BLOTO!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've had 3 separate ski weeks to Utah and am going again in February. Greatest snow on earth. I rate it much higher than Squaw or other Tahoe areas for snow quality. I'd even take it over most Colorado or European areas. Snowbird & Alta are my favorites but Park City is great too. The best way to do it is to stay just outside of Salt Lake and pick your spot based on the weather. There is so much to choose from.

I had a buddy who lived there for a few years and he said the Mormons are very insular and don't really cotton to non-believers. So, great place to visit, not sure I'd want to live there.

·
Registered
969 Posts
You should try snow basin when you come up... It's a nice resort, I gave up snowboarding just prior to the olympics; Snow basin was great then and they made a bunch of improvements for the olympics. As far as the religion and state go... The state was founded by mormons so it's gonna be an influence in everything. Being a "mormon" I can agree and disagree with a lot of the complaints about Utah. I've always felt that Utah was way behind in everything, but it's gaining speed fast. Utah is now home to a world class track... Miller Motorsports park and SLC is probably one of the most diverse city's you'll find. I've lived here my whole life with the exception of a two year stint in germany. I like it, but I do agree that it's different. I hace a defferent view than most "mormons" about the religion here (I havn't really practiced it in years) I find that it's more of a culture, some people can get along with it and some people can't.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i am going to snowbird/alta/brighton/solitude the fist week of feb. we should all meet up and discuss our passions of hard core skiing and sportriding!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts