Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question - the clutch lever and brake lever dont seem to be at the same angle as each other on my bike - is that normal?

(the clutch lever is lower than the front brake lever...)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Getting them just right is not the easiest thing to do. You may have to loosen one and adjust it a bit to get it right. Scopeit from several angles and sit and try and repeat until your happy with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, but it looks like if i want to raise the clutch higher, I need to rotate the whole assembly (w/horn and turn signal switch too) - is that how you mean?

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
J,thats what you need to do..Just loosen the 2 small allen bolts and rotate the levers to a comfortable position. The two levers do not need to be the same.Just a natural pull position.The levers will move alot further than the control housings because they are farther from the axis.A little twist goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I find my right hand throttle sticks if I position it differently;it's close enough though .You can also adjust the distance of the levers from the bars on your T 100 by spinning the dial at the levers fulcrum.

[ This message was edited by: meatwagon on 2006-12-03 23:24 ]

·
Registered
246 Posts
On 2006-12-03 23:21, meatwagon wrote:
I find my right hand throttle sticks if I position it differently;it's close enough though .You can also adjust the distance of the levers from the bars on your T 100 by spinning the dial at the levers fulcrum.
Make sure the throttle isn't binding on the end cap if you move it. Slide it in far enough so there is a small gap.
Also, there is a small marking on the stock handlebars that is used for an alignment/starting point. You can use it for reference.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Not binding on the end cap,just the way it is with M bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts