Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a seriously good Triumph wizard in the Portland Oregon area?? I am pretty sure I need some transmission work, and maybe more.

Thanks
TangoMike
'73 TR7RV

·
Registered
61 Posts
DJ's Cycle Shoppe can handle it. DJ's is located in the small industrial park on SE 19th just off of Powell Blvd. 503-235-9373 Dick does nothing but British, most of it Triumph, and has been for years.

And then there's always Cycle Hub, AKA the Sandy Bandit. Cliff Mahjor has been doing Triumph longer than anyone you will find. But the price may or may not be an agreeable one. It's always an experience at Cliff's. Cycle Hub is at 36th and Sandy. 503-232-9253

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try Dj's first. I don't have much interest in an un-agreeable price, or an "experience" anymore. Had too many.

TangoMike

·
Registered
79 Posts
Portland is a great town, if the bike runs well enough to make it to coffee shops and bars you should have no problem getting found by British motorcycle nuts. They're probably going to be a lot more helpful than a pro in the long run.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found another one. Empire Classics. Seems to be a nice guy and knowledgable. I'm going out there after work, so I will report back. I called Cycle Hub on Saturday. The guy answered the phone, "hello". I asked if he was open today. He gruffly said no. I asked if he was open on Monday and he hung up on me. I had to laugh because cafeparts warned me of the "experience" and he was right. I can only imagine how much fun it would be in person.

TangoMike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts