Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a product to help make oiling the chain easier while I'm away form home on the bike (like during the Chicago to new york road trip planned for June). I've been on tours before on the S3, covered a frew thousand miles, and am looking for a better (read:easier) solution than wheeling the bike across a parking lot stopping every couple of feet to squirt lube on the chain while a friend with a BMW R1100S (shaft drive, no chain to oil) laughs at me. Of course, i get the last laugh while he rolls in for a fuel stop a few minutes after me 'cause he's way slower. I've seen a product called the quick stand that looks cool but doesn't look like it will work on the single sided swingarm of the S3. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
484 Posts
how about the SW-Motech centerstand? There's a link in the aftermarket goodies thread. I think its about $180.

Link is here:Clicky

·
Registered
643 Posts
I haven't seen that product before - it looks like a great idea. Too bad it has no use on our sssa bikes, but I'll definitely keep it in mind for when I get my spare bike. Sorry I can't be of assistance on any other solutions for you (or me).

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
The feedback on the quick stand said, "with practice." I wonder how many times I would knock the bike over before I got it right.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found another one that won't work for us, the Bike Krutch. Come on, all you capable fabrication guys? No ideas? Would the Bike Krutch work with the pin from a paddock stand like the pit bull?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts