Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Its "Soda" here in the Northeast...

but the one i can't figure out is "cabinet" thats what a milkshake is called here in RI anyway. Outside of RI people have no idea what the hell your talking about.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Otherwise huh?...;):D...I have a beer at lunch now and then and then go back to work...Im not saying its a good idea to get zooted and ride...

I usually have my beer first as an appetizer...then get a POP with my meal...:D
They say there's a sandwich in every beer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I learned soda as a little kid in Delaware, then growing up in western NY everyone called it pop.

As for the sandwiches, they've always been subs...

All this talk of food has me wishing I could run out for a Tahoe's cheeseburger garbage plate right about now...

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
As a son of the South, it has always been a Coke or CocaCola, as in,
"You wanna Coke? What kind? They have Coke, Sprite, and Dr. Pepper."
I think it goes back to when we were kids and every filling station (service station back then) had a big red machine out front that had any kind of drink you wanted, as long as it was a 6 oz Coke.

·
Registered
615 Posts
when I was growing up in the land of 40 grades of potato - it was either 'lemmo' or 'shandy' (and to this day we still don't have a regular supply of proper Root Beer - Dr Pepper is the nearest, but no beer come near a nice Root Beer....easily knowing I got my kicks on Root 66 :p)

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
Beer.ummmMMMMMmmmm
For anyone interested, Coke and Dr. Pepper were concocted in a pharmacy- one in Atlanta,GA and one in Waco, Texas. I guess you can only drink so much sweet tea.....:rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 67 Posts