Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good mate and riding buddy ozzyfzr,

knocked this up for my Daytona it would fit my Sprint as well as the two bikes share the same swing arm.

But I have a PB hugger on the Sprint & I already pinched my hub nut cover off the Sprint for my Daytona!

He might tell me off for posting these without wiping my grubby paw marks off it first.

ozzyfzr is a bit of a whiz with all things technical and anything with metal. Don't ask me how he did it 'cos I haven't got a bloody clue!

But it does look magic doesn't it?:hearts:

Thank you ozzyfzr, bloody brilliant!:thumbsup:

DaveM

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Sure looks pretty Dave but it will mean more polishing.

You never used to be the bling boy. Has the Daytona corrupted you? :D

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
David, I'm ashamed of you. Bling for crying out loud.:eek::D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bling!!!! (Ozzyfzr slaps wrist!!) OMG what have I done!:D
Corrupted DaveM:p, was my way of saying thanks for recommending those Awesome Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's;), best advice I've had ever!!!
Regards
Ozzyfzr

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bling!!!! (Ozzyfzr slaps wrist!!) OMG what have I done!:D
Corrupted DaveM:p, was my way of saying thanks for recommending those Awesome Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's;), best advice I've had ever!!!
Regards
Ozzyfzr
Ozzyfzr

Thank you for corrupting me!:D

Thanks for the compliments guys but it is all Ozzyfzr's handy work I just fitted it, of course that was the hard part! NOT

Dave THE BLING M

You have to know me well to know I am not a bling kinda guy!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Man I don't know Dave, I just removed my stock aluminum lower chain guard cuz I figured it was just extra weight. :unsure:

Gotta hand it to you though, good job shagging that Michelin. :welldone:

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Oh NO!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

Dave,

you need to get out and ride the ar5e off it!

It's only a small step from that to having chrome bits you have to polish each time you ride, and then..... it's a Hardley Ableson :eek:

Only kidding. Looks nice, there are similar items on ebay with Triumph stamped out of the side... the black one tempted me, but I resisted ;)

Rexx

·
Registered
56 Posts
No need to worry about the weight, it is made from 0.9mm Polished SS, hardly weighty at all. Almost the same weight at the plastic one!
Regards
Ozzyfzr

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Man I don't know Dave, I just removed my stock aluminum lower chain guard cuz I figured it was just extra weight.
I was also concerned about the weight of the lower chain guard (shark fin) so I milled it thinner and increased the slot widths by a few MM. :YellowWink:

Just kidding. To save weight, I only ate one Happy Meal instead of two. :HappyRoll:

Nice guard, though. Now the boys with the lasers have something at aim at as you go by. :p

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was also concerned about the weight of the lower chain guard (shark fin) so I milled it thinner and increased the slot widths by a few MM. :YellowWink:

Just kidding. To save weight, I only ate one Happy Meal instead of two. :HappyRoll:

Nice guard, though. Now the boys with the lasers have something at aim at as you go by. :p
I was kinda hoping the lasers would be reflected!

Funny about the burger, Ozzyfzr was doing the tech thing in the pits, (last weekend at the track) as he does for another of our riding buds who races, the racer dude says to ozzy between races; "hey we need to tweak the back shock I need more weight on the back and less on the front"

I said "why don't I just get you two burgers and you scoff 'em problem sorted!"

DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Dave next you'll be doing rap music and polishing the rims.

Nev that is one F**ked up Gixxer :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts