Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
I've tried harassing the police before, it never ends well.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Now that I am aware just how limited police harassment time really is (measured in mere seconds per capita apparently), I am deeply touched that I have been fortunate enough to receive so much more than my fair share of harassment going all the way back to my teenage years...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just goes to show you how inefficient government can be. Now if they privatized police harassment I am sure that a greater portion of the population could be harassed!!!

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
I always knew they had special manuals on how to harass people. Bastards. :D

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Funny, yes. But I have a question for the locals.

Is it really against the law in NZ to give a cop the finger?

While here in the US that certainly would be an invitation for some harassment, I don't believe it's actually illegal.

Granted, I've never actually had the balls to try it.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Funny, yes. But I have a question for the locals.

Is it really against the law in NZ to give a cop the finger?

While here in the US that certainly would be an invitation for some harassment, I don't believe it's actually illegal.

Granted, I've never actually had the balls to try it.
I think it might be illegal. It is where Lefty lives.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1923125,00.html

OOOO! Here's a follow up that looks like very good news. $50,000.00 settlement.
Three cheers for the ACLU lawyers on this one!

http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/pittsburgh-oks-tentative-settlement-in-middle-finger-suit

·
Banned
4,433 Posts
However, while legal it is not a tactic likely to improve the situation you find yourself in. Kind of like the guy after being pulled over for speeding telling the cap, "Why don't you get off your fat ass and chase real criminals instead of me?", is not likely to get off with a warning. As Chris Rock says, step one is to shut the [email protected]#$ up.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Giving the finger to anyone in the UK could be considered illegalish and there have been instances of people being stopped and given a talking to for it, usually in the context of a motoring incident of course.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Oh, I'm not condoning it or suggesting anybody try it - legal or not I think we all know what would happen.

I do however believe it should not be illegal. It's not illegal to burn the flag for Pete's sake, but I wouldn't do that either. I would however (begrudgingly) support the right of free speech, and can't see how flipping a bird to a cop should be illegal. Irreverent, yes. Disrespectful, yes. But those things shouldn't be made illegal.

Again, just to be clear, I'm neither planning to flip any cops the bird myself nor am I suggesting any of you do so. And if you do, I'm not responsible for any (legal or otherwise) consequences.

But if you do, have a buddy standing by with a camera. The video should be hilarious!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts