The Bella Corsa kit is top notch I can speak to that. I was going to go the route of DIY, but I have so many things going on... Glad I did it.
Couple of notes:
- Lift the bike - stock air box removal is easy once you lift and drop the rear wheel via top shock mount removal. You do not have to remove the entire rear wheel (thought this is even easier).
- Clean the area while its open
- I am running the set up Bella Corsa provided but want to get it on a dyno to insure jetting is spot on. It does not match the recommendations from Jenks or jetting calculators, but seems to run strong. My "butt' dyno says it is stronger and sure does sound better.
- Though some don't pull the carbs, I did. I followed some suggestions from Pats Carb and Mod Site Linky
- One of our BIR founders did a video, check it out before you do yours as it has some useful info - BIR Vids Linky
- Have fun and take your time.
- Oh yeah, take a break with a :-g
On 2006-11-24 10:40, Hilts wrote:
Ah. Good to know. I'm getting a NARK fairly soon and was wondering about all the things I've heard: the slippage, the possibility of water and wind hindering the performance, etc. But I think I will do it and, as they say, join the dark side. I'm considering main jetting to 125s, from my 115s and replacing my stock needles with Thruxtons as well. Hope this set up works with my TORs. (I won't be able to tell until April or so! Darn snow... Thank God for snowmobiles, the Canadian way to beat the winter motorcycle blues!)
[ This message was edited by: boboso on 2006-11-24 11:28 ]