Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
:( I had the BSA version (same bike) back in the day. Taught me more about mechanicking than any bike I've had since. Best of British luck if you go ahead!

·
Super Moderator
13,589 Posts
I've seen more bike for less money before.

A lot depends on where the bike is, as you spend gas money or shipping to get it home. in a case like this, it might amount to more than the cost of the bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good advice about more bike for less money and the strategy of buying it for $300 or less. I found another one for $600 with more parts. Going to see it tomorrow. The $400 bike got scooped by someone else. I hope some one from this forum saw my post and got it. Brother (and sisters) in Triumph!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got 2 Daytonas for $500 enough to build a complete one (still required a ton of stuff though) and I got a hard tail for the other.. Saves on needing so many original parts. Hoping to sell the spares to complete the two.

Seems like you have plenty to go at where you are.. I find deals (GOOD deals) are few and far between. People asking crazy money for a sack load of crap most of the time..

SO.. how did it go?? :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No go. Wife put the kibosh on a project bike. She said it I should think of it like a girlfriend; look but don't touch. I'll offer this for you all though, I didn't see this one, but it might be promising.
73 Bonneville complete $500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts