Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, bought my 2013 R3R last winter. Was a former honda shadow sabre owner. I thought that thing was fast, its was nothing! I test road this thing and nailed the throttle like my old bike and I barely had a hold of it. If it wasn't for the ridge on the back of the seat holding me in place I'm sure I would of stayed in place as the bike shot out from under me like an old cartoon. Anyway, been on these forums for awhile now just figured its about to sign up. Winter is coming and I will be looking for mods and upgrades to keep me busy.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Howdy. Jack Ryan here. Just wanted to learn a little about the Rocket III. Kind of interested in them, they look cool and got a big power plant. That is about the extent of what I know about them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello there, my name is Bow i am from the Netherlands. Had 2 Triumph sprint 900 before and a Trident 750 and now drive a Speedmaster 08. I am like to learn more from the Rocket because I'm saving money to buy one. But need to know what are the bad things and good things on the Rocket

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H930 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Site

I wanted to post new sticky threads for 2011. The other ones can be viewed but are locked out from posting. They were getting long and I think it was best to start the new year fresh. I would like to welcome all the new members. I have had my Rocket now for five years. I think you will find most of us if not all are very fond of our Triumph Rockets.

We invite you to take a few moments and introduce yourself. This will help keep you from getting lost in a thread in your first posts.

If you are new to the site please check out the Acceptable Use Policy, and spend some time browsing through recent posts to find out what sort of topics are currently being discussed by the group.

Again Welcome...Lee
Lyons here. Own a 2009 Rocket III Dayton Ohio

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got this message to "introduce myself". I can't remember how long I've been on this site. Maybe related to old fart syndrome... Been riding and mostly repairing Brits since Lucas. Called most of the western US home at one time, Wyoming at present(won't claim California) Currently riding a Rocket 3 touring and missing my 05 classic. Have a couple other Triumphs in the stable but that's another story. Active in the American Legion Riders, R3 owners and Salt Lake URAT.( need new Rocket Captains in Utah!) Always available for an unbiased opinion on western travel.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hello all,
I have just got my first Rocket 3 - a 2016 roadster. Lots to learn, I will probably be on here quite a bit :)
I'm in Hull UK btw (though that may show up in my signature )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.
More of a reintroduction really, but it's been so long since I logged in I think I'd been deleted!
Previously known as Joker on here I think, but Perdurabo elsewhere (R3Owners.com RIP)
Had a rocket since 05. First one bought is below;

A couple of years later I was looking for go faster bits and came across Richard's (of TTS Fame) R&D bike for sale. It was the one he used to develop the first SC kits.
With help subsequent help from Les (TriRocket), Neville Lush, Lonnie and numerous other from the .com site and here it morphed from this....

...through many incarnations into this

Next to go on will be the Fornales (sp?) air shocks I bought ages ago.

Done a few track days in the last few years. It's hilarious, but, if you try one, install some DOT5 brake fluid. This thing boils DOT4 in fairly short order. An interesting experiance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I bought my 09 R3T in June of this year. I have put 3000 miles on her since then. I live in Colorado and have the pleasure of hitting many gorgeous roads, not the least of which was the ride to Montrose for "Triumph in the Rockies". I have owned several makes, models, and styles of motorcycle over the years. All of which had a unique "personality", and my Rocket is no different. I am very surprised at how well it handles through tight, twisty, turns. It is no sport bike, but more nimble than you would think. The power and arm pulling torque satisfies all of my needs, and I'm running completely stock. This bike rides, looks, and feels more like a big cruiser that tours, rather than a straight tourer. The only criticism that I can muster is that the transmission feels rather clunky. Can't wait to get on the road again. Looking forward to the ride to "Triumphs in Taos"!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello.

I used to own a 2015 Triumph Rocket III back when I lived in Brazil. After I moved to the US (San Jose, CA) I ended up buying a Ducati XDiavel S mostly because of all the technology on-board. But I never stopped missing my Rocket III so I was really happy when the new models were announced and they included everything the XDiavel S had and more.

Now I am the proud owner of a Rocket 3 TFC (#732). :)

101 - 114 of 114 Posts