Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just completed a Wikipedia entry for Speed triple:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Triple

I'd like anybody who wishes to take a look and check me for accuracy. Buddha knows I've made mistakes, and I'm sure there are some here.

This being Wikipedia you should all feel free to make corrections or additions (or subtractions).

If you would prefer, let me know and I'll make the changes.

In any case, let me know what you think.

Also, I would like to add a few pictures to the page. In order to do this we need some licensed pictures available at Wikimedia Commons. Be sure to license any picture you upload with one of these licenses. I could particularly use pictures of the original Speed Triple, a T509, and a 955i Speed Triple. Nice, artistic pictures are best (like not in your messy garage).

Thanks everybody!

~crash

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice one - good work :cool:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Good one Crash.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Very nice - informative and well written to boot! You must have more time on your hands than I have. :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
crash:

i've got some pretty good pics of my 1995 speed triple...all shiny and black! unfortunately, i dont have a site to host it so i can post.

if you are still interested in getting some good pics of the first generation, e-mail me at [email protected] and i'll reply with a few of them to use in the entry.

look forward to hearing from you,
bfishman

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, it is well written and covers the history quite well. Good Job mate.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I won't be suprised if Triumph has that brake stuff edited out. Otherwise, good work.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good job, I never knew what all the T300 and T595 stuff refered to. You had a typo of "995" instead of "955," but that's all I saw. That's no big deal. Some pictures would a lot to the presentation. :bow:

·
Registered
700 Posts
On 2006-11-19 19:17, Triple_Rider wrote:
good job, maybe that'll get Triumph's attention
To pass on some Texas knowledge and my dad's favorite saying:

"Nothing says it like gun." :2guns:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Pity the T300 S3's get such a bad review, I really love the looks of those bikes, Specially in Fireball Orange Yum!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the great comments. I fixed the one typo (so far :hammer: ) and everything looks good.

kuhlka, that's the nice thing about Wikipedia. Triumph (or anybody- even cheapbastard) can come in and delete something they don't like, but there's nothing to stop us from going back and putting it back in. If it gets to be a problem then we can contact the Wikipedia administrators and have the page locked because of vandalism.

If it does disappear, we can always go back to the history of the page and see who's been deleting it. If it's consistently the same person it's easy enough to get that person banned.

Besides, nothing that I wrote was libelous, or untrue. Nowhere did I accuse Triumph of any wrongdoing, and the whole section is simply labeled "Controversy"- which it clearly is.

Stampy: I hope I didn't indicate that the T300 Speed Triples got bad reviews. They actually got good reviews, but not as a dedicated sportbike or superbike. (It was often referred to as a "Muscle Bike") I agree they look great, and it's just a pity their handling wasn't equally great. As a friend of mine once mentioned "It handles like a Klingon Battle Cruiser." 'Nuf said.

It does need pictures, which I will work on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts