Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
12,080 Posts
I am. The JavaScript event handler that's invoked on loss of focus for the #location DOM entity is changing the entry's display to "invalid" and disabling the save button. It does that no matter what string I enter (even if it's the exact same string that's already there). If I remove the event handlers from that field before I change the value, then I can save it. It used to say "Minneapolis, MN" and now it says "Minneapolis, MN USA". I don't know if the broken validation code is part of the JavaScript or if the JavaScript is calling some back-end AJAX handler that's broken. Either way it's a bug in the web site's Account Settings form handling. It could be that it works with some browsers/OSes.
That's awesome @grant.edwards. I will pass this on to VerticalScope. I don't expect it to get fixed, they don't have your expertise I don't think, but I'll give it the old college try anyways.

·
Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
382 Posts
@grant.edwards which browser/OS are you on? On Win10 Chrome and Firefox I get an autocomplete dialogue that seems to work OK. Android/Chrome as well. Do you get this?

View attachment 744005
Linux Chromium: Version 87.0.4280.88 (Developer Build) (64-bit)

Yes, I get the auto-complete dialog. If I click on one of the auto-complete entries, I'm then allowed to save the form. However, if I enter a string — any string, even one that's in the auto-complete list — then I get the "invalid" message as soon as the entry field loses focus.

·
Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
382 Posts
That's awesome @grant.edwards. I will pass this on to VerticalScope. I don't expect it to get fixed, they don't have your expertise I don't think,
They don't. They never seem to have been able to fix anything in the past.
but I'll give it the old college try anyways.
Thanks. Now that I found out you can choose one of the auto-complete entries, it's not a big deal. I usually just ignore auto-complete drop-downs: I'm a pretty decent typist, and it's a lot faster/easier for me to just type the rest of the string rather than stopping, grabbing the mouse, and clicking on something. I guess in this case, you're not allowed to "just keep typing": You're required to pick one of the auto-complete items. Next I suppose they'll disable the use of tab/back-tab for moving between fields. :/

·
Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
382 Posts
Previous data was on Linux. I see the same problem n Windows 10 Enterprise v1809 with
  • Chrome 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • IE 11.1577.17763.0

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Many users had their vehicle information entered into their profiles, but VerticalScope removed it all a couple months back. It still exists in the database, I can see it in the Admin control panel, but VerticalScope won't populate this new field with that old data. Or can't figure out how to do it. I asked, they said no. It sucks.
Hadn't realised that, but then again how many of us look at our own avatars. Apart from Haggis, obviously.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
OK, so mine appears to still not be there.
edit - turns out there's a privacy setting I needed to change as well. Sorted now

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
OK, so mine appears to still not be there.
edit - turns out there's a privacy setting I needed to change as well. Sorted now
What setting did you have to change to get it to show under the avatar?

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Go into privacy on your profile page and the last 2 are:
View your Vehicle Details on your profile:
View your Vehicle Details when you post:
I changed them from nobody to Members Only

·
Administrator
2,975 Posts
I do not have the same layout evidently - being an admin. I'll keep trying.

·
Premium Member
2018 Bonneville T120, Red/Silver
1,304 Posts
Great idea, thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Street Triple R 2016 Thruxton R
2,081 Posts

21 - 40 of 57 Posts