Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

Registered
T 120 october 2017
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone In many messages, it is very embarrassing not to know the poster's motorcycle model.
Can you enter your motorcycle type and model year under your avatar?
Just go to " profile - Account settings - and fill in the vehicle details line ".
This would make it easier to understand certain messages.
Thank you in advance for this effort.

Driftless Admin
2008 Bonneville Black
Many users had their vehicle information entered into their profiles, but VerticalScope removed it all a couple months back. It still exists in the database, I can see it in the Admin control panel, but VerticalScope won't populate this new field with that old data. Or can't figure out how to do it. I asked, they said no. It sucks.

@Admin

Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
Hello everyone In many messages, it is very embarrassing not to know the poster's motorcycle model.
Also remember that there are about a dozen different Triumph models that are often referred to as "an SS" or "an ST", and some of us haven't the faintest idea which one is meant. Sometimes you can guess based on which forum it's in, sometimes not.

2014 Bonneville T100
Thanks for the recommendation, maloya!

Premium Member
2018 T120 Bonneville
I sometimes can't identify a national flag.
If you type in where you're from it should show up when someone hovers their cursor over your flag.

Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
I sometimes can't identify a national flag.
If you type in where you're from it should show up when someone hovers their cursor over your flag.
It won't allow me to enter anything in the Location field. No matter what I enter, it flags it as invalid and tells me "Please enter a valid city and/or country". But none of the following are valid:
  • Minneapolis
  • Minnesota
  • MN
  • USA
  • Minneapolis MN
  • Minneapolis USA
  • Minneapolis MN USA
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Minneapolis, USA
Fortunately, the location I entered in the old web-site is still there, even though it's now invalid.

Registered
2018 Bonneville T100
Can you enter your motorcycle type and model year under your avatar?
Just go to " profile - Account settings - and fill in the vehicle details line ".
This would make it easier to understand certain messages.
Thank you in advance for this effort.

Done

Premium Member
2018 T120 Bonneville
It won't allow me to enter anything in the Location field. No matter what I enter, it flags it as invalid and tells me "Please enter a valid city and/or country". But none of the following are valid:
  • Minneapolis
  • Minnesota
  • MN
  • USA
  • Minneapolis MN
  • Minneapolis USA
  • Minneapolis MN USA
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Minneapolis, USA
Fortunately, the location I entered in the old web-site is still there, even though it's now invalid.
I don't know but when I hover over your USA flag it says Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
I don't know but when I hover over your USA flag it says Minneapolis, Minnesota.
It says "Minneapolis, MN" when I hover on the flag. Like I said, that's left over from when I set up my account before the transition to the new site. If I try to enter that exact same string now, it says it's invalid and won't let me save it.

Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
It says "Minneapolis, MN" when I hover on the flag. Like I said, that's left over from when I set up my account before the transition to the new site. If I try to enter that exact same string now, it says it's invalid and won't let me save it.
Just to be clear, I'm unable to come up with any string at all that will be accepted for the Location field in Account Settings. No matter what I put there, it gets outlined in red and shows the error message "*Please enter a valid city and/or country."

Premium Member
2018 T120 Bonneville
Again, I don't know. I'm no tech on this stuff.

Registered
2017 Bonneville T100
Again, I don't know. I'm no tech on this stuff.
I am. The JavaScript event handler that's invoked on loss of focus for the #location DOM entity is changing the entry's display to "invalid" and disabling the save button. It does that no matter what string I enter (even if it's the exact same string that's already there). If I remove the event handlers from that field before I change the value, then I can save it. It used to say "Minneapolis, MN" and now it says "Minneapolis, MN USA". I don't know if the broken validation code is part of the JavaScript or if the JavaScript is calling some back-end AJAX handler that's broken. Either way it's a bug in the web site's Account Settings form handling. It could be that it works with some browsers/OSes.

Premium Member
2018 T120 Bonneville
I am. The JavaScript event handler that's invoked on loss of focus for the #location DOM entity is changing the entry's display to "invalid" and disabling the save button. It does that no matter what string I enter (even if it's the exact same string that's already there). If I remove the event handlers from that field before I change the value, then I can save it. It used to say "Minneapolis, MN" and now it says "Minneapolis, MN USA". I don't know if the broken validation code is part of the JavaScript or if the JavaScript is calling some back-end AJAX handler that's broken. Either way it's a bug in the web site's Account Settings form handling. It could be that it works with some browsers/OSes.
Thank you.
I appreciate your expertise.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts