Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought my first motorcycle, and I already thought I got a good deal on it. After the purchase, I found some items in the bag that came with it and found that the bike already had the air box removal kit. I was pretty pumped about this considering that this was one of the first upgrades I was going to do.

One thing I don't understand is my pipes are still blueing pretty bad. I thought this kit was suppose to reduce that. Do you think the carbs might need rejetted?

Here are some pictures of the bike since I'm sure some of you will ask for them:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi ahs
I had the Air Injection removed at the 500 mile service and that stopped the blueing of the pipes. They are now a nice gold color.
It ran way to hot with the AI.
Congrats on the bike it looks great!
All the best John.

·
30,318 Posts
Strictky speaking "blue" is not a verb either, but I'll assume you have an up to date poetic licence.

Be that as it may, ahs - nice bike. I notice you have what looks like stock pipes on it - when you said the airbox has been removed, did you mean the airbox, or were you referring to the AI system? Just curious. The AI system is that reed valve with a cluster of rubber hoses on it - the airbox is the huge black moulding that houses the airfilter.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wouldn't "Pleasant Surprise" work better than "present suprise?"

I'm just piling on. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
:cool:
'05 Goodwood Green!
Welcome!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sweet Bonne.. congrats!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Welcome and congrats. My pipes were already blued, so-to-speak, when I got mine. I'm content with it appearing as though the bike is ridden, which it is, and often. :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Don't lean your bare leg on hot headers when cleaning your bike unless you like the smell of bacon.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Congrats

Nice bike, got one like it myself but it's an 07, love the color....good riding, be careful, get a nice summerscreen, it will do you well at higher speeds.
Don't hesitate to use the "search" function on the site, it will save you a lot of time and most anything you can think of is somewhere on this site.
Keep the rubber side down.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Strictky speaking "blue" is not a verb either, but I'll assume you have an up to date poetic licence.

Be that as it may, ahs - nice bike. I notice you have what looks like stock pipes on it - when you said the airbox has been removed, did you mean the airbox, or were you referring to the AI system? Just curious. The AI system is that reed valve with a cluster of rubber hoses on it - the airbox is the huge black moulding that houses the airfilter.
I think you may be right prop. I'm still trying to learn all of the technical things behind my bike. I'm pretty sure just the AI system was removed, not the whole airbox.

What is the advantage of doing the airbox as well as the AI?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Goodwood Bonnie. If you don't dig the blue pipes, you can get them ceramic coated in a "stainless finish" from jet hot, or performance kote in Fl. BTW- "Kote" is how they spell it... ;) You could also go with an aftermarket header from Raask, or Specialty Spares. I think that they use double walled chrome on their headers. For what it's worth, most people embrace the blue.

J

1 - 20 of 21 Posts