Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Not stripped them yet until tomorrow, can somebody tell me how the plastic fork protectors detach from the top of the fork leg on my 2006 T100, they look like tongues that face upwards from the leg on the front edge?
I am fitting a pair of rubber gaiter protectors and I think these need to removed.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heat them with a hot air blower then tap them up using a lump of 4"x2" or something similiar, they are glued on.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Heat them with a hot air blower then tap them up using a lump of 4"x2" or something similiar, they are glued on.
Don't think they are glued - more like a snap ring mount. I used a bit of wood on the bottom lip and whacked up; it popped out of the groove then "snip" with snippers.
Those thing are so fugly!

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Use a scrap of wood as a drift and tap them off. Easy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
uhm, I just ripped them off, took about a minute total. cut a little slot in it with a razor knife and rip away
...Was putting on a Superbrace and couldn't find my razor knife but the Dremel with the poly/fiber cutter wheel was handy.... took 10 seconds and not a scratch.
FF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts