Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Im new in this forum , I have a triumph 2007 Bonneville and plan to install a 2/2 or a 2/1 arrow muffler from triumph. i called my dealer and told me i need to rejet my carb and install an air block kit ( dont know what that is maybe AI removal kit?) before they can install the muffler.just need some clarification what do i have to do before installing the arrow muffler if i decided to do myself. they charge me 1500 for everything is that reasonable. other thing i would like to install new rear shocks, i am leaning to an ohlins 36PL Piggyback but i think this is for a thruxton . Can I used this for my bonneville even if they recommend it for a thruxton. would the size be different? ohlins recommend the model 36E with the piggyback.thanks

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
For 1500 that makes the Arrows the most expensive set of cans on the market but I beleive they also come with headers. Yeah you will have to rejet the carb and yes I would take what they are saying as Air Injection Removal.

In the end when I bought my bike it had the TORS already on it and I got the original paperwork when they put them on. $1300.00 for all the work including being tuned on the Dyno. When you consider there are many many exhaust alternatives for under 600.00 I think unless you are sold on the appearence of the arrows I personally would look somewhere else. I would never pay 1300 for a set of cans and a dyno tune. Thankfully it was the guy before me.

The Ohlins shocks are the creme de la creme and even though they are for the Thruxton many have put Thruxton length shocks on the Bonnie to give it a touch more nose down and quicker steering. The 36PL has the length adjuster for +10mm to 0mm. At 0mm you are at the Bonneville stock height.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts