Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new rear Braking wave rotor for my 08 Speedy.
I ordered from Paige over at PJ's Parts and it came in about a week or so all the way from Italy. It looks great--4.2mm thick and feels light. Paid about $120 too.
PJ's rules!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I just received a new rear Braking wave rotor for my 08 Speedy.
Thanks for the tip. I have been looking for replacements with black disc carriers. I did not know Braking had 08 onwards discs available already.

Do you have any pics of the discs mounted on your bike?

Edit. Doh. Just re-read your post and you were talking about rear rotor. Anyway, looks like the front discs in 08 onwards style are also now available:
http://83.211.94.164/catalogo/bk/catalogo/template.asp?cp=329&id_prod=9017&id_modello=1&id_tip=1

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Martin,

Yep...that's the one in the bottom of that link.
I will buy the fronts too next week when I get more bones.

EDIT: I had to replace my rear rotor since I am on the rear brake a lot. I went metal to metal at 9k miles by mistake. Then I replaced my rear pads with a crappy brand and they lasted only 2500 miles and went metal to metal again on the same rotor.
So, the factory rotor looks bad. I am installing the Braking rotor with factory Triumph pads today. The Braking rotor is lighter. I'll find out if it is straight after install. Bottom line: I like the factory Triumph pads. They last 3 times as long.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I will buy the fronts too next week when I get more bones.
Please post a few pics if you get the front discs. I'd like to see what the carrier part for 08 onwards models looks like.

Braking website just has the same 05 pic for 08 to 09, even though the size specs and product # are different.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay...my shop installed the rotor and new pads this evening. What a difference! The rear brake is noticeably better. I can't tell a difference in acceleration from just this one change. The Braking rotor is lighter than my stock one however. I put the belly pan on recently and there is going to be a dual carbon Remus exhaust soon. Plus, I will order the front Braking rotors when I pay for my Marchessinni wheels at the same time.

These photos were taken at the local Starbucks. My bike was cleaned after I brought it home. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Okay...my shop installed the rotor and new pads this evening. What a difference! The rear brake is noticeably better.
skygodmatt, any improvement on the braking feel with the wavy rear?

I can lock the rear with stock rotor just fine, but the feel is very wooden. No feedback from the pedal at all.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know what you mean. The Braking rotor has a bit more feel over the stock one. I can lock it easily but I still would prefer even more progressive feel--like the fronts. Funny you mentioned that. I switched to this rotor as I wanted more progression as well. I got a little more but it's not perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts