Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these footpegs and like them. An e-mail to Pit Posse about fit to the Bonneville received this reply: Sorry we are not sure what fits your bike.

http://www.pitposse.com/possefootpegs.html

Does anyone know which corresponding Japanese bike in the drop-down list on this web page would be correct for the Bonneville?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Having done a few foot peg conversions….I decided to look into this and for what it is worth….here is my 2-cents.

First: the OEM Bonnie clevis assembly, which the peg attaches to, is angled back too far to utilize the style of peg that you are looking at. If you were to retain the OEM Clevis assembly, a better option for peg choice would be an EMGO style, which due to its barrel design could be mounted at the OEM angle and still provide a “flat” surface for your boot. The EMGO pegs that I installed on my Norman Hyde redo

would fit into the Bonnie OEM clevis, however due to the Bonnie OEM clevis design……you would have to modify the clevis assembly in order for the peg to rest flat, which looks to me like a lot of work.

Second: The better option (which I would research) is to replace the entire OEM clevis & peg assembly with something that would bolt onto the Bonnie frame similar to how the OEM clevis does. If you could find such a beast, then peg selection would be larger, as they are all fairly standard in design. As an example….the pegs listed for a Honda will fit a Kawasaki with just a bit of filing.

So……you do have your work cut out for you to complete this mod. I would remove the Bonnie peg & clevis assembly (one 12mm (?) nut, study the design and then hit the motorcycle shops to see if something looks close.

Sometnig like thi would work...
http://www.tejasthumpcycles.com/Parts/Pegs/Triumph-Motorcycle-Footpegs.htm#Triumph%20Motorcycle%20Footpegs

I found this site that claims this style of peg would "bolt right on" but I don't see how????

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Triumph_Bonneville.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got a set of Oberons on my Speedmaster and they do fit without modification. A number of others have them on Bonnies and Thruxtons and I'm sure none of those people have had to modify them in any way.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments. I'll mull it over during the cold weather.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yamaha YZF pegs, also any R6 or R1 according to these guys.
So... I'm guessing the YZF-R1 98-07 Y1F would work. $29.95 is a good price. Give 'em a try, let us know how they work.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/99905-other-parts-that-fit-our-bikes-2.html
Baltobonneville,

Don't make the above mentioned mistake. Those pegs will NOT work with a Bonnie, however they do work with a Thuxton. The clevis is different and require different peg adapters.

·
Registered
135 Posts
be careful with a thrux even. I bought some YZF/R1/R6 pegs of ebay and they don't fit. Also, I don't know of any that will fit the passenger peg spot and still work with the detent ball to keep them in the upright position. I don't think all YZF pegs on ebay are created equal.

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some extra information for the Bonneville/T100

Oberon specifies separate front and rear footpegs on its website, but in an e-mail, told me that for the Bonneville, front and rear are the same. This would be consistent with some users using the rear footpeg as an emergency replacement for the front.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oberon specifies separate front and rear footpegs on its website, but in an e-mail, told me that for the Bonneville, front and rear are the same. This would be consistent with some users using the rear footpeg as an emergency replacement for the front.
That's correct. Here's a picture of the actual oberon adapters to show the differences.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good to know. You're probably right, the YZF pegs were installed on a Thruxton. What's different about the clevis, and could it be modified to fit the Bonnie or a Scrambler?
Yes, do these YZF pegs fit the Scrambler? -I've been searching the forum, and can't seem to find that answer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since someone revived this thread ...

I wound up going with Oberon footpegs. I haven't installed them yet due to being busy with other things, but I've had a good look at them and and it's obvious that they'll fit without modification.

Oberon supplied two 16mm long screws to attach the pegs to the adapters, and they struck me as a bit short for the available thread, so I replaced them with the same screws 20mm long (If I remember the lengths correctly). Seems like a good spot to err on the safe side, since I stand on the pegs over bumps in the road. We can thank our crummy suspensions for that, even my upgraded suspension does not soak up bumps like some other bikes I've been on, notably the Honda VFR800. It felt glued to the road, but I digress. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pit Posse footpegs on a Thruxton

Well, I just bought and installed the YZF pegs from Pit Posse on my Thruxton (picture earlier in this thread) and I'm super pleased with the result. Install took all of 10 minutes and most of that was fussing with the springs. They fit perfectly, accept the stock spring and look great. For 29 bucks I dont think you can beat this product.
Logey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts