Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start with the elated. I bought a 2008 Sprint ABS(Graphite) from a dealer in Tucson for 10 grand last wednesday. It has been shipped here to Boise and will be here in the morning between 8-12.

The pissed part. The dealer just mailed me the keys "over night-Fed Ex" today. I've been riding these guys and they have given me the run around. Come to find they didn't want to send the keys until the money came thru from Triumph(so they said). I talked to the General Manager today and bitched because they didn't want to release the keys but they let the shipper take the bike last wednesday.

Anyways, it will all turn out right. I am just pissed because the bike may show up and I could have to wait some six hours for the keys to show up. I get all of my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday morning, I BETTER get those keys tomorrow.

I guess I will put my red wheel stripes on while I wait. 5 miles on the bike, wheels aren't gonna be this clean again.

Mark

·
Registered
445 Posts
I feel for ya; I bought my second triple a 02 Daytona sight unseen from CA and had it shipped to Flagstaff. It seemed to take for ever and ever, it was a very long 6 or 7 days. Once I found out it was in PHX on a Friday and not due to ship to Flag until Monday I left work early and hitched a ride to PHX to get my bike. I certain I would died from anticipation had I tried to to wait out the weekend :D.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still pissed

F#*K!!!!!

I've got the bike. Put the wheel stripes on and it looks good.

But Dammit, still waiting for FED EX to bring me the keys. Arghhhhh

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Well don't leave it outside with the assumption that no one can start it without a key. :eek:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Still pissed

Idaho,

Perhaps they know you are "Pissed" and that is why they have delayed delivering the keys!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope

No, that is not the case. We(dealer & I) had all the paper work done by Friday Nov. 7th. The shipping company picked it up on Wednesday the 12th.

I called and talked to the same person(polite as usual) I had been dealing with, on Saturday the 15th. I asked if they had mailed the keys yet. He said that he was gonna "get on her" because she hadn't mailed them yet on account of she was waiting for the money from Triumph. I did comment that they let the bike go so what difference do the keys make.
They were closed on Monday(17th), I forgot to call on Tuesday because I am self employed and busy. So when I called on Wednesday, the bike had been gone a week and the paper work had been finished for 12 days.

That is when I got pissed & only dealt with the General Manager. I got the keys the next day. Only sad part was sitting at my house with a brand new bike that I couldn't start. Keys showed up 4 hours later. I survived! It was worth it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Idaho also

Congrats, real nice looking, the wheel stripes bring out the body color. Since I'm based here in Idaho as well I'm just wondering why you didn't work with Big Twin as i think they one like it on the floor. Anyway assuming you ever get your keys, i will look for ya, I own a black 07 ST1050 with gold wheels...see ya sometime (located in Boise).

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
She is a beautiful bike. For the record, trying to steal a motorycle that you own is very very difficult thing to do. Long story short, it was the last nice weekend of the fall, my bro mailed his keys home so pops could sell his bike. He unexpectedly came home, so of course we had to ride, so in went screw driver, 4 hours later still didn't get the bike to start pops is pissed cause he cant sell the bike with a busted ignition and bro and me are wondering why 2 middle class kids from the burbs cant figure it out when 1 criminal can walk away with a bike in 10 seconds. Good times.

Oh and key envelope showed up monday, sans key and with a nice new tear in the envelope.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Randy, below is the link to where I got them.

http://www.glsigns.com/catalog/index.php

They come with 18 stripes(2 extra) and I used about 3 1/2 stripes per wheel. They come pre-curved to fit your wheel and the ones I put on are the 3/8" ones(also come in 1/4" or 1/2"). They have reflective and non-reflective ones to choose from.

They're extremely easy to put on, took me about 20 minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts